Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   I hate buying used bikes (this is me venting) (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/i-hate-buying-used-bikes-me-venting-7341/)

spooknick 10-11-2006 06:56 AM

I hate buying used bikes (this is me venting)

As some of you no I have a 99 kaw. zx7. Over the months in me having the bike thing have been braking and braking and braking some more. And with me not knowing how to fix all this i had to take the bike to the stealership. The grand price is a little around 4500 repairs. As for me im just another guy trying to make in the world so i do not have it like that to dump that much money in repairs some of the thing include

Charging System= couple of hundred
Battery= 70
Alternator=700 (thats a killer)
Another back tire=148 (damn burnouts)
Side fairing=1100
Gas tank=800
Front fairing=400
Turn signals=70 (New I should not have went around that corner like that
Anither exhaust= We wont get into price with that
Coolant bottle has a hole=30

Arggggggggg im urked
Thank for listing and letting me vent

Dragone#19 10-11-2006 07:15 AM

RE: I hate buying used bikes (this is me venting)

wow, a hefty bill. But, you riding? and are you happy with her?

markmeinteil 10-11-2006 08:52 AM

I have this to say:

Repair manual: $30.00
eBay: priceless!

my98_500r 10-11-2006 02:16 PM

^^^^^what Mark said

EMS_0525 10-11-2006 03:05 PM

god damn... thats almost what i paid for my whole bike!!!!! thats nuts.. i feel for ya bro... and like the said, repair manual.... best money ever spent...

Jodub 10-11-2006 03:24 PM

The first week I had my bike I had to get new sprockets and a chain. And of course you're flat broke after you first buy a bike it's just and extra kick in the nuts. So I feel ya man.

firstninjabike 10-11-2006 04:42 PM

But one of the best things about buying a used bike, If you drop it your not as pissed. Unless the bike has never been dropped

srobak 10-11-2006 05:08 PM

I have the shop manual for that bike... downloaded it for $10 when I thought I was getting that 02 zx7. Now it is collecting dust... I have it printed and bound - 364 pages... will send it to you for $20, or you can download it from me for $10. 180 MB file.

Prom 10-11-2006 06:21 PM

ouch, repair manuals are nice, especially with lots and lots of pics

hoedogg 10-11-2006 06:24 PM

cheer up spook when your out having fun on it you'll feel better.:D

txredneckmedic 10-11-2006 06:30 PM

damm your repairs are almost half of what it cost me to buy a new bike

GRNLNTR 10-11-2006 07:28 PM

well i agree with you guys about ebay .... "my name is fermin last time i was logged on Ebay was 2 hours ago" EA Ebay Anonimous...lmao you can find anything and everything in the for any type of bike. i know i have a 1992 zx7r and i got all type of parts. i think before you go get raped and molested by the Stealership you should ask arround 1st specially here in this website im sure all the guys here will NOT give you any BS about helping you. trust me. by the way there is a BIG swapmeet here in charlotte NC nov 11-12 they sai is HUGE!!!!

Jodub 10-12-2006 11:41 AM

[sm=exactly.gif] I'm also a part of EA, if you'd like we can have the next meeting at my pace.

spooknick 10-12-2006 11:49 PM

Thanks guys for the support im trying to make it, even though the bike has age i just cant seem to let it go its my first do im slowly getting ot fixed

Dragone#19 10-13-2006 07:28 AM

Right on, I am proud of my zx7 even if it is a hoover tube.
But it does not mean that a neighbors GSXR1100 will beat it! I know the early models but not the older models. I am happy with what I ride, basically. So enjoy your ride and be safe.

suprakawigrl 10-13-2006 07:34 AM

Bummer bout all the repairs...I agree repair manual should be on your list. I love my 7 too eventhough its a tank she is pretty good to me.