Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

How not to clean a chain!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 01:15 AM
1st Gear Member
Default How not to clean a chain!

This is sad, but funny as well because it is so stupid! Do you think Gixxers have a way of making some people stupid? This was on a Gixxer forum.

I will start off by saying that I am a worthless squid rookie and I suck at everything in life.
I was about to go for a ride today and my chain was pretty nasty, so I put it up on the stands and got out the wd-40 and a rag. I started the bike, put it in gear and let it idle. I sprayed the chain down really well and I put the rag up to it and it got caught and took my hand with it through the rear sprocket. I had to have everything above my last joint amputated on my index, pointer and my ring finger on my right hand. Thankfully I am left handed. It was a stupid mistake on my part and now I will forever pay the price for it. Say what you will, flame away, I don't care. I have accepted it and I take full responsibility. I made a choice (not knowing any better) and I will live with the consequences for the rest of my life. I thought I would post this so that 1.) no one else ever makes this mistake and 2.) To show that you don't have to be riding for a bike to get you hurt.

Attached Thumbnails How not to clean a chain!-cimg0014.jpg  
Old 09-25-2009, 01:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Dang! But that hurt.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:58 AM
1st Gear Member

when things like this happen you don't feel a thing............ its later, that the pain sets in

Old 09-26-2009, 05:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Darwin awards much?

Old 09-26-2009, 11:58 PM
1st Gear Member

What a re re ...... apparently he doesn not work around heavy machinery all day either. Dude needs to be slapped across the face with a torque wrench for being a dumbass.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Worlok14
This is sad, but funny as well because it is so stupid! Do you think Gixxers have a way of making some people stupid? This was on a Gixxer forum.

I will start off by saying that I am a worthless squid rookie and I suck at everything in life.
I was about to go for a ride today and my chain was pretty nasty, so I put it up on the stands and got out the wd-40 and a rag. I started the bike, put it in gear and let it idle. I sprayed the chain down really well and I put the rag up to it and it got caught and took my hand with it through the rear sprocket. I had to have everything above my last joint amputated on my index, pointer and my ring finger on my right hand. Thankfully I am left handed. It was a stupid mistake on my part and now I will forever pay the price for it. Say what you will, flame away, I don't care. I have accepted it and I take full responsibility. I made a choice (not knowing any better) and I will live with the consequences for the rest of my life. I thought I would post this so that 1.) no one else ever makes this mistake and 2.) To show that you don't have to be riding for a bike to get you hurt.
buy a gixxer and your IQ drops by 20 the moment you roll it off the lot!!!

Old 09-27-2009, 07:33 AM
1st Gear Member

LOL, yeah someone send me that link, the guy said that while he was waiting for the ambulance he was in his front yard taking pictures of it for the forum instead of trying bandage it and stop the bleeding

Old 09-27-2009, 07:37 AM
1st Gear Member

if the ambulance had only taken a little longer!!!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Ha! Haha!

Old 10-01-2009, 01:27 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

rename the thread: how to be a dumbass: i mean really like chik said if youworked around heavy machines that would of been a no brainer. if you have not worked with heavy machines look at it this way, sprockets have teeth. what do teeth do? chew things gone yes! learn the hard way i guess. ahh rub sum dirt on it johnny, it'll be ok...lol

Quick Reply: How not to clean a chain!