Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Have a good weekend everyone! (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/have-good-weekend-everyone-6698/)

ZX12Rider 09-15-2006 10:44 PM

Have a good weekend everyone!

Up here, the weather's looking awesome for this weekend! Gotta take advantage of it while I can!

Ride safe and have a good one! Don't do anything I wouldn't do [sm=badbadbad.gif]

WAX 09-16-2006 02:29 AM

RE: Have a good weekend everyone!

Nice weather in Texas!!! Just rode home from work. Almost missed my exit, and for a fleeting moment thought about driving to Las Vegas for the weekend (that's where I grew up)!!!

Zwild_m30 09-16-2006 02:59 AM

You have a good weekend too BB.. I am going to get to do alittle riding this weekend too.. Safe riding.. Chris.

EMS_0525 09-16-2006 03:09 AM

i wish i could ride my bike this weekend.... but its down and in the shop getting diagnosed.... but the weather is looking good... wish i had my bike today, lots of rain= lots of mud to play in.

Nobrakes 09-16-2006 04:36 AM

Same to you bluebird! It's a great day here, too bad I can't ride, would have been a great evening to dust off some berms.

BigRig18Wheeler 09-16-2006 05:36 AM

I have a 1,000 miles round trip lined up for this weekend.. Thinking I am going to head to DFW area and visit some family there. Of course, taking the bike.... I'll have to hit up all you TX guys....

Nobrakes, how's the healing coming man?

Nobrakes 09-16-2006 06:40 AM

I saw the doc yesterday for the first follow-up since my get-off and honestly the collar bone is feeling pretty good, but the ribs still hurt but anyone who's had broken ribs will tell you that's par for the course, at least that's been my experiences - I've fractured my ribs on two other occasions and they hurt getting up, laying down, laughing, coughing, sneezing - just about doing anything and everything they hurt.

Doc said, while the collar bone may be feeling better, it's not even close to healing and there's still probably at least a cm gap between the bones and it will take a while for them to join back up and start healing back together. And I said, but I'm getting back a good range of motion and demonstrated by lifting my arm up almost over my head, and he said, dummy, don't do that, that's why we gave you a sling ;) I guess I'm not a very good patient. :eek:

But so far so good ... I'm on the mend.

walight01 09-16-2006 05:43 PM

have fun is the dfw area bigrig. i grew up there...still wishes i was there ;(

BigRig18Wheeler 09-16-2006 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: walight01

have fun is the dfw area bigrig. i grew up there...still wishes i was there ;(
Hell ya!! Billy Bob's here I come!!!! Man, I like Billy Bob's....woo hoo....

BigRig18Wheeler 09-16-2006 08:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

I saw the doc yesterday for the first follow-up since my get-off and honestly the collar bone is feeling pretty good, but the ribs still hurt but anyone who's had broken ribs will tell you that's par for the course, at least that's been my experiences - I've fractured my ribs on two other occasions and they hurt getting up, laying down, laughing, coughing, sneezing - just about doing anything and everything they hurt.

Doc said, while the collar bone may be feeling better, it's not even close to healing and there's still probably at least a cm gap between the bones and it will take a while for them to join back up and start healing back together. And I said, but I'm getting back a good range of motion and demonstrated by lifting my arm up almost over my head, and he said, dummy, don't do that, that's why we gave you a sling ;) I guess I'm not a very good patient. :eek:

But so far so good ... I'm on the mend.
haha ... It's hard not to over do it. Better safe than sorry tho. You def do not want that bone to heal crooked.