Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Had to vent

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 04:50 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Had to vent

Ok so I am trying to get a loan for $20,000 and so far have been turned down twice. My credit score was at 700. But being turned down by them it is even less now. Now I want this loan for 3 reasons and they are

1) To pay off my truck which has about 13,500 left on it. In that said amount is still included 3 years of interest left. So it would be cheaper by atleast a $1,000. With truck paid off I could lower my insurance so it isn't $3,000 anymore. Plus my credit will go up as well as my fathers.

2) To pay off the $1,000 I owe to Sallie Mae for my school which never helped me. But also included in that price is interest as well. So it will also be cheaper.

3) I want to buy a mtorcycle. I fell in love with my truck when I first saw it and the samething with this bike.

Ok well back to the other things. I just applied for a JCPENNY card cause everyone told me how easy it is to get and I can build credit through things like that easily. Guess what got turned down again so my credit slips further down.

This Loan can help me out a lot. With the interest of the loan and term of it, it is just about the same I would pay for my truck a month if not less. I am going nuts trying to figure this all out. Stupid companies tell me I dont have enough credit but then wont give me any credit cards to build it. Catch 22 much?

Sorry had to vent

Old 10-07-2006, 04:53 AM
Default RE: Had to vent

shiet, you think youre credit score is low, my high is a 610, my mid is a 590, and my low is a f'n 562, hows that for crappy

Old 10-07-2006, 05:29 AM
1st Gear Member

do you have any credit cards? if you do just keep doing ballance transfers on them. i usually get a bunch of offers for 0% for 6 months on ballance transfers, or something like that. I keep doing that and when the term would get close to ending i would switch again. by doing this 1 you dont have to pay any interest and two it builds your credit score. dont forget to close out the old cards that are paid off. the $0.00 ballance will count against you if you get to many.

Old 10-07-2006, 05:55 AM
1st Gear Member

No credit cards... No one will give me one not even ****ty retail stores..

Old 10-07-2006, 07:35 AM
1st Gear Member

wow dude, that sucks. What about just getting a < $1000 beater to use till next year? Might not be much of a bike, but at least you'll be riding

Old 10-07-2006, 09:34 AM
1st Gear Member

whats a credit score [&:]

Old 10-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

^^^damn australians.... kinda hard to explain, i guess credit history is another way to say it.... shows if you have been late.... all kinds of personal credit info.
ORIGINAL: MaverickAus

whats a credit score [&:]

Old 10-08-2006, 03:26 AM
1st Gear Member

You gotta live within your own financial limits. Besides a home or car loan, (which I don't have) I always pay off credit cards and small loans within a year of acquiring the debt. My credit score is over 800 because I don't buy stuff that I can't afford to quickly pay off.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Just got my first card, I'm a student so it was pretty easy for me, they love giving cards to students since we are so responsible with our money

Of course its gonna be hell paying off my student loans.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:22 AM
1st Gear Member

I got my first card way back when I was maybe 16, or 17.... and since then they just keep coming.....
I have never checked my credit score, but probably should if only too see how high (or low) it is!!!!
Got to get my free credit report first, then the credit score!!!

-------

Hope you get one soon, and after you get one others will follow!!!
Just be wise with them, and don't over kill them..... damn those wild collage dayzzzz..... LMFAO

Quick Reply: Had to vent