Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Is everyone blind except me...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator
Default Is everyone blind except me...

Okay here it is, oil companies, why are you allowed to always make a profit no matter what is going on. If your refinery needs to be shut down for maintenance, or you fail to maintain your pipeline, why are you allowed to raise your prices to make up for the lost income?

Let’s say that a shipment of hamburger meat due to be delivered to Joe Blow Burgers gets interrupted do too bad weather. Now does Joe Blow get to raise the cost of his burgers to make up for the lose of the burgers he wont be selling do the late shipment of supplies.Let me answer that, F U C K NO!

Then why do the oil companies do it. Why is it not regulated? Big corporate runs everything, donate too and get whom they want elected. Meanwhile Joe Blow gets it in the rear.

Would you buy your burger from JBB if he raised his price so he would not lose money? Hell no you wouldn’t and neither would I. Oil companies are the only ones that do.

We are the consumer and with out us to buy there product they would be out of business. Okay so we can not just stop buying gas, right? Well the answer is right of course, we are the greediest gas and oil consumer in the world, life would be a lot different with out gas.

But ponder this, do not buy gas from ARCO or any of there affiliate companies when ever possible. Buy form shell, chevron and there affiliates as much as possible.

What do you think will happen when the 3rd largest oil company in the world starts loosing $$$$. See’s there profits slip to maybe 10% growth. Well they will have to do something to stay in business, lower there price to make their product more appealing to the consumer.

Well this may just be a pipe dream, but until something happens we will all be taking it in the a$$ from the oil companies and we all know there is something we can do.

We can hope and pray for alternative fuel like ethanol but truth is we will still need the oil companies for that as well, they control the distribution and will have the refineries too. But at least we could say F-OFF to those freaking arabs and burn some homegrown American fuel.

Oh and BTW we can turn around and sell wheat to those desert bastards for 700.00 a bushel. 800.00 if we need to service our farm equipment or if there is a drought.

Ride safe and do not forget to just say no to arco gas.

Old 08-09-2006, 04:33 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Is everyone blind except me...

im going to start making my own mixture in the garage. time to convert the bike to bio also. as long as there fat people to buy burgers from jbb, theres plenty of old fryer oil to be picked up and in turn plenty of fuel for my truck. hell yeah f*&k arco in the neck with a rusty screwdriver.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Come on guys tell me how ya REALLY feel LOL. and BWT i agree with u 100%

Old 08-09-2006, 06:25 AM
1st Gear Member

i deliver pizzas so i get donkey punched every day those bastards

Old 08-09-2006, 08:42 AM

Hell yeah! Go Transesterification Evil!! I agree completely w/ ya notstock, but there are a certain number of details that need to be noted before going idealistic.

Yes, if the wasteful SUV's (and by wasteful I mean jacked up, trucks, Hummers, F-15000's etc. being run on the highways as dailies, jacked ups on the deer lease and elsewhere are ok cause they are no different than dirtbikes, entertainment) were to dissapear by whatever means, and if efficiency were what the general public wanted then the demand of gasoline would go down. This would cause the car manufacturers to make more efficient vehicles and also would encourage the same manufacturers engineers in the lab to come up with greater technology, less wind resistance, better fuel delivery and stoichiometric combination for complete use of the fuel, etc. because the manufacturer wants one thing and one thing only, to make money, as they are entitled to. So if the people want the price to go down then it will, as you said. However, I take it that since people drive the above mentioned vehicles that MIGHT get 15 mph on a good day 85 -100 mph and getting more like 8-12 then I can only assume that they are satisfied with gas prices at 3 dollars - to an arm and a leg and up towards your firstborn child or else they'd slow the hell down.

Next, supply and demand is only partially the driving force behind the price. The middle men on wall street are the real profiteers in it all, and by my principles, I am more than happy to let my money go to an oil company that incorporates, employs, empowers and drives the technological advance of energy for this country, so long as a) it stays within the country, and b) the looters on wall street that essentially steal record profits by sucking their money from the supply side of economics DO NOT GET IT. I've heard a phrase coined now "if a fly sneezes the price of oil goes up." well, the oil companies do not have all the blame for this. Granted they certainly are raking in windfall profits, but they are just as susceptable to the volatility of the market as we are, and it's all because of the middle men. In hamburgers, Joe sells them at the price his customers are willing to pay for a luxury... but if its groceries were dealing with, the story is different, because it is a commodity, which invovlves a stinking middle man who does no work for his million dollars[:@].

Next on the subject of ethanol, it is no miracle fuel, and also the law of conservation of matter comes into play (even here). I don't mean to get highly scientific, but ethanol is a fuel with 5 less carbon in its chain than regular gasoline, not to mention it is an alcohol which does fantastic for racing due to lower volatility and knock, and crappy for mileage Because it takes more eth to go the same dist as gaso. Economically it is unwise because all the grain used for the bacteria to make the alcohol is the same grain that would go to making bread, flour, livestock feed, and our very favorite beverage beer (which BTW is Ethyl Alcohol C2H60). IF ethanol does anything to decrease the price of the commodity gasoline, then it would be followed very shortly by a huge increase in the commodities just mentioned above. Unless, of course we wish to shell out more American money and government subsidies to foreign nations for biostock to make the junk.

I do not like to rain on parades without a ray of sunlight, so I would like to say that the power is within the consumer, and all we have to do is all 427 million of us say "lower the price or we all stop driving for a week." and see what happens after we do it. It would be history book-worthy for certain. Also, rather than spend upwards 5 BILIION dollars on getting our kids shot at by a bunch of fanatic A-rabs that refuse to accept anything other than their theocracy we ought to look into things like particle accelerators, nuclear powerplants and technology based on the more energetically productive nuclear fusion etc. There are certainly ways to control this, and because America, despite its political problems is still the best place to be because the power really does lie in the people, we just have to unite (and have the time to unite) together and put these bastards back in their place, where everybody has to work their *** off for their money!!

Old 08-09-2006, 08:42 AM
1st Gear Member

There are penty of ways to use less gas. I sure found one! Americans just have a huge appetite for large gas guzzlers, and until that stops, everyone is gonna pay!

NOT EVERYONE NEEDS TO DRIVE A HUGE SUV, OR TRUCK THAT GETS 3 MPG!!!! If you really have a need for it, then buy one. otherwise buy something efficient.

Old 08-09-2006, 08:55 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i have a need and a desire to drive a big *** lifted f 250, why because i can. no really my truck is getting better milage then most of the pos little econo imports out there so why should i go gay, to fit in with what the rest of the world thinks i should drive ? hell no, if i added a little methanol mist to my motor id probley get a whopping 21 miles to the gallon and another 200 hp plus to my wheels and still only fill up every other week.

Old 08-09-2006, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

wow...some smart people and some good write ups...

Unity is powerful. Remember the trucker strike back in the late 70's.. Amazing how unity can change things. The people have the power to get done what needs to be done.

Maybe we are all groomed to be followers and not leaders?

We have the technology for fuel efficiency, and the means. The new mercedes test car runs a 4 cyl diesel, with ZERO emissions, and his has a coefficient drag twice that of the corvette. 70 mpg. But what do we do? Outlaw SUVs? Then it would not be the land of the free anymore. Choice is good. But it is about educating our kids, to make the right decisions when they get older. And educate ourselves to help make better choices for our kids, and younger generations.

I am not going to change. I like my 8mpg truck. It is not by any means my daily driver. But if I want to own it, drive it, and spend the $130 to fill the tank, then it is my choice. But, I don't complain when I need to fuel it either. Now, when I fill up my bikes, I grin....lol

Old 08-09-2006, 09:33 AM

And I hope that the impression I gave was not that such vehicles should be outlawed, because the idea of choice and freedom was my underlying principle. It was merely directed at those whom abuse the freedom, and allow the greedy to suck it from those who have a necessity whether, it be the lease, the farm, or the road, or whim. And I know it is possible to get efficiency from a larger vehicle as well, as my family has an '86 6.2 liter diesel 2 ton that even on biodiesel can get 20 mpg in the city, but it's the technological advance that is necessary, not the strict control of peoples lifestyle, but the release of restrictions on the brains of the nation, so we can have some control over the money grubbers.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

amen kw !

mark, keep your hybrid out of my way.

Quick Reply: Is everyone blind except me...