Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

DFW area riders beware!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 05:33 AM
1st Gear Member

I want to hear what happens to this a$$hole!

I would have at least followed him home and kicked his car lol but thats just me!

Old 09-23-2008, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

I was talking to a friend of mine at work that told me about how he went through this as well. Unfortunately he's right on what he told me. In this case there's nothing the cops can do. Here's why that is.

In this case there is no physical evidence to use, there are no other witnesses, and no video to show as proof. So what it comes down to is a hearsay (aka he said/she said) type of issue which means they can't charge the guy with anything. This is what my friend went through and had happen to him.

My suggestion is to find a way to belt out some form of your own justice that won't get you in trouble or get anyone else hurt.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Dam speed that's crazy story, I am sure you did the right thing not following that a-hole, bike vrs cage is not good match up.

The cop thing is typical, I have only called the cops for help twice in my like, once ended up in jail and second got embezzled. F-the police!

Old 04-25-2009, 06:24 AM

Don't mean to downplay what happened too you but this is a traffic matter or road rage as they call it. (at least that's the way it will be dealt with by the DA's office in the end) Detectives have enough to do in the Arlington area with murders, rape, robbery etc. Don't expect a lot of action and especially from internal affairs. They only investigate crooked cops not rude or inattentive ones that might feel they have better things to do. My suggestion is this. Get the guys name and address from the detective working the case (if he's really working it) Take a copy of the report and his findings to a magistrate judge and see if you have enough for a warrant. Then YOU sign the warrant as the complainant/victim. But remember this too. The other guy is going to blame you and he will have the same rights that you do. The questions you were asked by officers were legitimate. They can't just take your word for something. How would it look if the officer is on the stand and the defense attorney says "Did you look into the victims allegations, or simply take his word for it?". That's inevitable. He will try to turn it around. And if you have no witnesses to back you up....you ain't got squat and all the anger and protesting will be useless. The magistrate judge will probably have a warrant hearing to determine if there is enough probable cause to issue a warrant and have the guy picked up. No more than what you have, I doubt a warrant will be issued. This is a life lesson Bro. There are idiots out there that don't like us and you met one of them. I've met a few over the past 40 years I've been riding. Just brake and let em blow on by I'm glad you're ok but don't expect much to come of this. Revenge wouldn't be a good thing either. If you got caught retaliating you might go to jail...and he will have won with your help. Ride safe.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:46 PM
1st Gear Member

I would find him and just kick his *** to just below the point of hospitalization, and he would never know who did it! But that is just me! The guy needs to pay hence learning a lesson............maybe! At least I would feel better about it.