Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Can you help me figure a way to strap some books to my Ninja (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/can-you-help-me-figure-way-strap-some-books-my-ninja-3951/)

Funkdock 05-12-2006 03:00 AM

Can you help me figure a way to strap some books to my Ninja

I know many of you dont have to worry about this and soon I wont either, but I'd like to strap a book or 2 on my bike instead of always having it in my backpack around my shoulders because it hurts after doing it everyday. Ive seen a bike or 2 with a netting on the back seat but it straps to these little mounts. However, the bikes were not ninjas. I have a cover for the back seat, but I can just put my back seat on so its flat and provides a little grip. I am thinking I could wrap a bungie cord around my seat and somehow just let it hook underneath, but I dont have cords yet. So just wondering if any of you have done this or have any ideas before I go and buy some cords.

thanks

-dock

BigRig18Wheeler 05-12-2006 04:41 AM

RE: Can you help me figure a way to strap some books to my Ninja

Don't know how many books you have, but a nice magnetic tank bag works perfect for me... made many a trips to home depot with that thing!!

Funkdock 05-12-2006 05:00 AM

Well only 2 books but I was looking for a cheap way out. But hey post the bag so I can take a look and how much is it?

BigRig18Wheeler 05-12-2006 05:13 AM

Ya, no prob. Give me about 15 minutes and I'll shoot a pic for ya.. it was around $40 .... I know bungee cords are cheaper. But they do break, and they look like crap. The last thing you want is a broke bunggee getting caught in your chain..

I'll get a pic for ya..

BigRig18Wheeler 05-12-2006 05:31 AM

here ya go.. I took the pics off of the camera phone, but they should give you an idea.. The bag stays on good.. it's been tested :D..

If you want better pics, I can fire up the digital for ya... the back of the bag is a really soft suede type material with two flaps that open.. there is a magnet in each flap, and 4 magnets in the back.. once she's on there, you can pull on that tank bag until the bike falls over.. those magnets are tough!!

Mine is made by Cortech ... It is big enough it should hold two or three books no prob!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1248/9AFF67D3B22B42EBA6DBB67F2B065941.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1248/8230085125784C65B84918C1231126E4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1248/FFF5E51F3F0843EC9C08FF49BAD2CFE4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1248/23AC94921D9A4CCA9DC4600E09569377.jpg[/IMG]

frrogger1 05-12-2006 05:36 AM

hey big...that thing doesnt wear the paint much....how long you had that on your bike

BigRig18Wheeler 05-12-2006 05:41 AM

I've had it on and off the bike maybe around 5-6 months... I wax the bike with Honda Polish around 1-2 times a week... You can't tell the bag was ever on there. I love that thing. Greatest invention since sliced bread!! lol

There is a cup holder in it, a clear map holder on the very top so all you have to do is look down and see the map, pen and pencil holders, and a spot for a MP3 player.. It's just cool... Bought mine from a local store MC store here...

Funkdock 05-12-2006 05:46 AM

so if im at school and i pop it off, does it have a strap to carry?

BigRig18Wheeler 05-12-2006 05:50 AM

Yup, it came with a strap, but I don't use it... Has a handle on the front, and a 4' strap cord.. They make a lot of different styles. You should be able to go down to your local dealer and get one. Or do a search for cortech online....

frrogger1 05-12-2006 05:53 AM

BigRig18Wheeler......There is a cup holder in it, a clear map holder on the very top so all you have to do is look down and see the map, pen and pencil holders, and a spot for a MP3 player.. It's just cool... Bought mine from a local store MC store here....

now how do you use a cup holder while riding down the road.....lol