Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Been off the net for a while... (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/been-off-net-while-20313/)

BattRECON 04-02-2008 10:23 PM

Been off the net for a while...

Hello everyone...

I'm back again from far off places. Sorry it's been so long.

While I was gone I had a bunch of goodies sent home for the ZX10 that I'm currently bolting on;

Got a carbon fiber upper fairing and windscreen. Also carbon mid fairings on order for about 3 weeks. Fiberglass oil containment pan and a fiberglass fuel tank from FuelCel. PVM 5Y wheels in black. I bumped the rear sprocket to 41 teeth from 40. A Muzzy GP series exhaust and a PCIII mapped for it. BMC filter. Hyperpro progressive rear shock with a remote resevoir. My extra set of forks are at Hyperpro getting new progressive springs and revalved. Switched to Galfer rotors front and rear as well as Galfer lines. I'm keeping the factory plastic tail pieces for obvious reasons but all the plastic and fiberglass is in paint right now getting sprayed in flat stealth grey. Hopefully the bike will be back together in a few days. After that a whole new set of pictures.

stone_sour09 04-02-2008 10:34 PM

RE: Been off the net for a while...

welcome back!

Dragone#19 04-02-2008 10:55 PM

Spending money on your ride is no reason to be gone!!!! Does look like you have some goodies for sure, wow! Fuel Cell like $1200 Fuel Cell that I am picturing? Anyhow, welcome back!

zzrick 04-02-2008 11:49 PM

Nice list man, welcome back.

BattRECON 04-03-2008 02:41 AM

Thanks a bunch. I certainly wasn't gone to spend money. In fact I was out making money.

As a matter of fact it is a fuel tank from FuelCel. I'm pretty excited about that, when it finally arrives. Hopefully I will have my newly painted panels tomorrow. No idea how long I'll be waiting for the carbon mid fairings. I ordered those a few weeks ago.

For the record... PVM wheels aren't any lighter then the stock wheels that came with the bike. At least not light enough to justify the $1700 price tag. I'm a little irritated with that recent realization.

I'm also going to give Bridgestone tires a try. I've been running Metzeler M3's and M1's for a quite a while with no complaints. I've been hearing really good things about the Battlax tires. I just mounted a set of the new'ish Battlax street and race tire. We'll see how that goes.

OMalley912 04-03-2008 02:42 AM

Welcome back...sound like quite a list. Can't wait to see some pics.

evil636 04-03-2008 05:17 AM

send the pvm's back and get a set of carrozzerias, you can tell the difference compared to stock and you wont pay 1700 bucks for them.

pipedown 04-03-2008 05:30 AM

welcome back man! I havent been on KF in a while, so I hear that.

hoedogg 04-03-2008 01:28 PM

welcome back Batt! post sum pics of the new goodies pls

BattRECON 04-03-2008 02:31 PM

Right on... thanks again.

I've never heard of Carrozzeria wheels but I'm checking it out as I type this. Thanks for the intel.

The second I have a chance to get some pics I'll post them. In fact, I had completely replaced the factory dual undertail exhaust with my own mini carbon side pipe. The pics of that set up would be the most recent and would likely make good "before and after" shots. I'll hang a couple of those in my photo album right now.