Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   All I can say is WTF, WHY and Good Lordy! (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/all-i-can-say-wtf-why-good-lordy-31180/)

chik636rydr 12-22-2009 05:36 AM

All I can say is WTF, WHY and Good Lordy!

I know there will be a lot of details left out of this. I was really pissed off while this was going on and Mom was trying to slow my role but was like get em girl at the same time!

So it is no suprise to you guys that I have been moving from my beach house to my city house these past 2 days. Today my COMCAST CABLE CONTRACTOR comes to my house to reconnect my cable. He takes a look at the coax and says "Nope, we can't use this" and picks the cable up and says "This is a satellite cable and can not be used for cable" and shows me the labeling on the coax. The labeling he showed me was the manufacturers print on the cable - standard on all network cable. He and I go back and forth abt the cable until finally I go off on his ass and say "Look dude, I have a degree in Network Engineering ...I know you are bs'ing me. Just establish the connection and get out of my house. You don't think I know what you are trying to do here??"

He gets all pissed and goes outside to *show* me something. He pulls out the coax and the splitter and says "See, no good." I look at the cable run and the **** is coming from the pole to the splitter and split off to each bedroom from that point. I called him out on that and was like dude ... its coming from the line so do your thing and go.

I left the contractor outside to do his thing and went inside to call Comcast to report this guy. I get on the phone with Comcast and tell them how rude this guy is being to me and how he has already on more than one occasion to try and get over on me. So they put me on hold....

While I am on hold the contractor comes inside with the DVR and hooks it all up. He looks at me again and says "no good". I am looking at this setup and seeing that this is setup correctly. I decide to look closer and see the douche plugged in all the cables properly except the "VIDEO" cable. Well of course there will be no picture produced when the video cable is not plugged in. That one made 3x so far he tried to get over on me.

I am still on hold and the customer service rep checking on me intermittently while communicating with her supervisor to take action. The guy calls me outside to the house where the cable is coming in to look at yet another issue. :rolleyes:

I look at teh issue:rolleyes: and it was a cut line. Now keep in mind that coax is copper and aluminum. If it were cut for any prolonged period of time, the copper and aluminum would begin to oxidize unless it had a preconstruction primer on it.

He informs me that this line had been "chewed" through that he had to run another line. I look at the line and see that the line had actually been cut and he peeled back some of the shielding to make the cut irregular. I also inspected the metal on the cable and saw that it was still shiny without any debris on it. I look at that dude and was like "come on dude, you know as well as I do this cable was not cut and that this was not chewed through".

Keep in mind that I am still on hold with Comcast this whole time and they are listening in on this situation.

I tell dude that he needed to get whatever he needed to get done whether it worked or not and get the hell off my property that I no longer wanted him here and was escalating this call to someone who is more capable of helping me.

He tells me that he had one more "trick" he could try to get this cable to work. He finally comes inside and hooks the sh!t up correctly after me going back and forth with this ass hat for about 2 hours. I am inside and looking at my cable modem and ask him did he provision it. He looked at me and said "you are going to do it your goddamn self" ... Comcast heard every bit of it!!!!! :D

Dude got pissed and left slamming my door.

I told the customer rep on the phone let him leave and I will establish everything from here. I got my stuff setup and sit down to watch my newly installed tv and can't find the freakin remote.

I had to call Comcast yet again and tell them the dumb butt that installed my cable neglected to leave a remote. Within 5 mins or less of me getting off the phone with the rep the butt hole that tried to screw me over was at my house getting me a remote. He was sooo pissed !!! hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

The conclusion on that issue is they are going to comp my cable for this month and the deposit.

__________________________________________________ _______________

So I head back to the beach later on in the day to finish the last few things on my house so I can turn it over to my landlord.

Prior to this in November, I had sent a notice letter informing them of me leaving the end of Dec. I had no response.

I sent another certified letter about 3 1/2 wks ago. Obtained a signature. In the letter I asked these people to call me whenever they received the letter so we can schedule a time for us to view the property so I can get my deposit back. Still no response.

Finally, I call my realtor that is selling the house I was renting and asked him if he had an alternate way of contacting the homeowners because I was leaving their house and needed to get my deposit back. He tells me that he took the house off the market about a month ago because he could not contact the owners and even if he did have a buyer he would not be able to sell it to anyone without a representative for the property!

So I am thinking W T F?!?!?!?!??!?!

Fortunately the State of Alabama protects the renters. The lessor has 14 days from the time I vacate the premises to return my deposit to me. Any time after the 14 days they must pay me interest for each day my deposit has not been paid to me.

So in a way I am really hoping they don't so I can get me some money. :D

ol guy 12-22-2009 07:18 AM

I hope he gets what he deserves. A new profession!!!

EMS_0525 12-22-2009 10:24 AM

HOLY crap... that sucks... There is nothing i hate more than people not doing thier JOB, ya know what they get paid for.

deej 12-22-2009 02:04 PM

Dang........uhhh remind me to call you from now on when I have trouble with........well anything.:eek::D:D:D:D:D

Worlok14 12-22-2009 03:05 PM

Things in the South just work that way:D:D:D I moved from Michigan to South Carolina a few years ago, and the first thing I noticed was the blatent incompetancy of busineses I had to deal with. You could not even order Kentucky Fried Chicken and get a correct order. Even Mc Donalds messed up everything I tried to order. And the utilities were just as bad!
Who said that living in the south made you happier? I read that somewhere recently:D:D:D

EMS_0525 12-22-2009 04:04 PM

I love when fast food places mess up... i just go up and yell at the manager saying they should hire people who can read the order, and if i messed up at my job half as much as they do i wouldn't have a job.... Well the luck turned the other way for us, we were at mcdonalds for breakfast the other day and were asked if we would like a free hazelnut frappichino.... they made it and shouldn't have. So mark one down for me.

Worlok14 12-22-2009 04:20 PM

Man I swear, I had to double check anything and everything I bought down there. And the mechanics were pathetic! The biggest crooks I have ever seen!

Dragone#19 12-22-2009 04:42 PM

wow, h*ll of a story. You have more patience than I do. Congrats

chik636rydr 12-22-2009 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Worlok14 (Post 404654)
Things in the South just work that way:D:D:D I moved from Michigan to South Carolina a few years ago, and the first thing I noticed was the blatent incompetancy of busineses I had to deal with. You could not even order Kentucky Fried Chicken and get a correct order. Even Mc Donalds messed up everything I tried to order. And the utilities were just as bad!
Who said that living in the south made you happier? I read that somewhere recently:D:D:D

Well I have been in all 4 major cardinal directions of the United States and I must say the east coast and northern ppl are dicks. The midwest and mountainous region people ROCK! South rocks when you are out of the dumbass sections. I had bad luck and ended up with a strung out person who didnt have much regard for people.

deej 12-22-2009 08:13 PM

Hey Washington people are the best......when they aren't shooting cops........:(:(:(

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/79894612.html

That makes 8 shootings against cops here in the state since October. 5 deaths and 3 others wounded. Heck even in my small corner of the world my neighbor down the street that is a Deputy Sheriff was shot last year and lived to tell about it. We don't need more cops, what we need is more good citizens carrying guns. ;)