Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Airspace dispute

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:34 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Airspace dispute

I thought some of you would especially appreciate this one!

In addition to communicating with the local Air Traffic Control facility, all aircraft in the Persian Gulf AOR are required to give the Iranian Air Defense Radar (military) a ten minute 'heads up' if they will be transiting Iranian airspace.

This is a common procedure for commercial aircraft and involves giving them your call sign, transponder code, type aircraft, and points of origin and destination.

When one of our aircraft flew near, the conversation went as follows.

" Iranian Air Defense Radar: 'Unknown aircraft you are in Iranian airspace Identify yourself.'

Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.'

Air Defense Radar: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace

we will launch interceptor aircraft!'

Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter Send 'em up, I'll wait!'

Air Defense Radar: (no response ... total silence)

Old 03-18-2009, 08:54 PM
1st Gear Member

umm ummm,, its funny but I dont think I get it!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

That's good, Worlok. I'm sure his c/o probably didn't see the humor in it, though. Brass does that to people...

Old 03-18-2009, 09:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JRock420
umm ummm,, its funny but I dont think I get it!!!
F-18 & Pilot > anything from Iran

Old 03-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

LOL nice...owned by just a couple of words.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:04 PM
1st Gear Member

oh now I get it haha,, Im such a tool lol

Old 03-19-2009, 02:03 PM
1st Gear Member

here's your sign...

Old 03-19-2009, 02:09 PM
1st Gear Member

I’ve seen that before except it had a picture of a F18 with a bunch of rockets strapped to the bottom of it, ready to roll anything up

it just shows how bad azz our military is.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:11 PM
1st Gear Member

You think it is bad *** now - you shoulda seen it 20 years ago. Todays forces are a mere fraction of what they once were - both in training & personnel and in the amount of hardware. Yes - technology has evolved, but it does not offset how much reduction has happened, nor how much exception there has been to who is allowed to join the military now.

Note - I am not ripping on any of our members who are/were in, especially as most of you have been sent over to the sandbox. But I am sure you guys will admit that the caliber of some of your fellow bunkmates was questionable.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:16 AM
1st Gear Member

I have to disagree Sro, the worst military were the draftees who did not want to be there, and did not volunteer. They had some chitbags. Carter's military is probably the second worst. There will always be a few , but I think the quality is pretty good these days. Technology has improved, but they also teach better hand-to-hand tacics, battle field awareness has improved drastically, and soldiers are smarter. Of course I was in the infantry, we are old-school.

Oh yeah, and most Iranians are little chit talking b**tches like most of the men over there. It is true, they are cowards. Why do you think they live under dictators until someone else bails them out? And then they start whining? We get rid of their dictator, and they let some terrorists with a little intestinal fortitude take over their neighborhoods. Even when I was there, I couldn't help but think that country may not deserve to be a free and peaceful society, if they are not willing to work for it....

How many neighborhoods in America could be completely over run by foreign fighters without some resistance? Not many..

Last edited by zzrick; 03-20-2009 at 03:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Airspace dispute