Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

6 YO dies at monster truck show

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 12:26 PM
1st Gear Member
Default 6 YO dies at monster truck show

I am completely disgusted by this. A 6 year old boy was killed and a man was injured when a monster truck broke and sent debris into the grand stands. The asswipes didn't even stop the show! The people running this show are complete idiots.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...mecrash17.html

Old 01-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

then a few weeks after another dies. their called monsters for a reason..
(01-26) 07:03 PST Madison, Wis. (AP) --

The veteran driver whose vehicle killed a promoter at a monster truck show told investigators he never saw the man walk into his path, authorities said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More News
Pfizer to buy Wyeth for $68B; cut 8,000 jobs 01.26.09
Iceland's government topples amid financial mess 01.26.09
Bolivian voters back pro-indigenous constitution 01.26.09
Obama to order review of state's emissions bid 01.25.09

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was the nation's second fatal accident at a monster truck show in a little over a week.

George Eisenhart Jr. suffered severe internal injuries when he was hit by the huge truck Saturday at the Motor Sports Monster Truck & Thrill Show at the Dane County Coliseum, the coroner said. The show was immediately halted.

The big blue truck with oversize tires was driven by its owner, Daniel Patrick, who authorities said has been a driver on the circuit for more than 20 years.

Amateur video broadcast on television showed a man walking in front of the truck.

"Our preliminary investigation shows neither Eisenhart nor the truck driver saw each other before the collision," Coroner John Stanley said at a news conference Sunday.

Authorities said Patrick would not be charged. Sheriff Dave Mahoney said it appeared all safety precautions had been taken and called the death "a very tragic accident."

"He knew he had hit something but obviously, he didn't know it was a person. ... He is taking this very hard," Mahoney said.

The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration will investigate.

Eisenhart, 41, of Chardon, Ohio, was owner and president of Ohio-based Image Productions, which has been staging monster truck shows across the nation for more than 15 years.

Eisenhart had spoken proudly of the show's safety record the day before the accident, telling WKOW in Madison: "This is our 16th year, and I wish I had a big piece of wood to knock on right now, but we have not had an incident besides a gal slipping in the aisle at another location."

On Jan. 16, a 6-year-old boy was killed in a Monster Jam event in Tacoma, Wash. Sebastian Hizey was struck on the head by a chunk of metal that flew off a truck doing doughnuts. One man in the audience was seriously injured.

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
I think not."
~ Stephen Wright

Old 01-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yea I saw that, what an awful tragedy. The show should ahve been stopped, and the second night cancelled. There was another death associated with a different event. All I can say is you pay your money and you take your chances.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:46 AM
1st Gear Member

If they had stopped the show.......... the medic/abulance would never got through the crowd as they left- not to mention 99% (would have been alot of pissed off people) of the crowd there didn't even know it happened until they got home and saw it all over the news.
the boy was hurt bad- but still alive when carried out.

it was really was too bad but so far sounds like a freak accident- those things are built pretty darn tuff- the piece that broke off looked like a drive line hoop.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Yea I saw that, what an awful tragedy. The show should ahve been stopped, and the second night cancelled. There was another death associated with a different event. All I can say is you pay your money and you take your chances.

on the ticket it states exactly that! not sure if it covers them legally- you would have to show gross negligence.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:32 PM
1st Gear Member

I think the other was a suicide, trying to deal with the death of a 6 year old boy is just crazy,, its kinda ironic 2 deaths 2 weeks

Old 01-29-2009, 07:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JRock420
I think the other was a suicide, trying to deal with the death of a 6 year old boy is just crazy,, its kinda ironic 2 deaths 2 weeks

YA, you would think the "MC" would know better than to just walk out into the track area without looking first............
one article I read said he just got done bragging about their shows' saftey record.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:28 AM
1st Gear Member

I saw that a while back too.And well people are going to do what ever they want. I wouldn't know what to do if that was one of my kids. i could only imagine how upset i would be and goign crazy and stuff.

I really hope the race team and the event host do something for the family even though tit's not going to bring back there 6 year old.