Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

10 year ban for wheelie in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 12:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 10 year ban for wheelie in Miami

it seems downright retarded to me that they want to take away your liscence for 10 years for something like that but if you are street racing in your cage and kill someone you don't lose the liscence for that long. hell a drunk driving accident isn't even punished like this.

in most of those cases the motorcycle is in the wrong but is rarely going to be of any harm to any other person ont he road. unlike cars.

its so extremely lopsided it just pisses me off. a law like this would **** me off even if i didn't ride a motorcycle.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:50 PM
1st Gear Member

even drunk drivers get special permits to drive to work

Old 11-29-2007, 01:12 PM
1st Gear Member

and thats usually after the 2nd or 3rd offense

Old 11-29-2007, 03:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Actually, California is pretty harsh on street racers. Motorcyclists aren't alone.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:08 PM
1st Gear Member

they are hard on street racers because a lot of innocent bystanders have been killed. it has nothing to do with that for the motorcycles

Old 11-29-2007, 03:53 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah cali is crackin down HARD on street racers as is Lincoln, NE. I think it would be fair to create a harsher punishment bbut not something like 10yrs ban!! that's rather extreme. ticket, possible jail time, n if sever an impound sure but 10yr ban....TOO MUCH!!

Old 11-29-2007, 04:20 PM
1st Gear Member

yaknow... i actually don't think that half the riders in florida actually have m class liscenses. so it may not hurt many of them.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:30 PM
1st Gear Member

I agree... unless they enact equally severe punishment for both drunk drivers (which kill or injure far more people in one state over a year than all 50 state's worth of reckless motorcycle accidents) and street racers/drifters/asshats - then this shouldn't go into effect. It is a bias, and that is not how rules and laws are supposed to be. Equal responsibility and equal punishment for everyone... no matter what you are being a dumbass on the road with, I don't care if it is a lawn tractor.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:38 PM
1st Gear Member

i think drunk drivers are the worst kind! especially the ones i know that do it on bikes. i won't say i've never had to drive when i'm over the limit but i avoid it at all costs. it's stupid and careless.

i've had 2 good friends killed due to drunk drivers and it's not fun. my best friend is in a wheelchair now too because his ride was drunk and was hit by a drunk driver too, ejected him from the car, and he's crippled from the lower back down. Funny enough, he's the one who got me into riding and a big reason i ride today.

we actually have blueprints for a handi sidecar so we can buy a bike, build the sidecar for his needs, and get him on a bike again. tho it'll be a bike with a car he obviously can't use his hips to balance and i'm gonna use all the fabrication ability in my body to get him riding again.

sorry for the long rant [sm=rant.gif]

Old 11-29-2007, 04:40 PM
1st Gear Member

any ideas for a sidecar bike to be operated by someone in a wheel chair (no hand controls or anything needed) let me know. the problem is once he rolls into the chair, how to get him easily on to the bike and closing the sidecar gate to start riding again.

i have it all planned out but ideas are very much welcome

Quick Reply: 10 year ban for wheelie in Miami