Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   $tealership warranty help (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/%24tealership-warranty-help-21627/)

Eronous Monk 05-15-2008 07:43 PM

$tealership warranty help

Help My 2008 KLR650 is stuck at the dealer's. One excuse after another. 4 weeks ago I was told to bring the bike in to get the frozen front calliper replaced under warranty. I have 25k on the bike and the sticky calliper was eating the front tire and causing much hassle on ice and snow.

After the second week I asked them to stop stalling and give me the bike back. It is my daily rider and I am on foot. The next stall was they said that the back calliper was also binding and that the front calliper was on back-order.

I got a letter from them telling me my warranty was about to expire. Yet another stall, my warranty is good until May 2010. They hadn't ordered the parts yet!

How do I demand my bike back? I drove it in, and now they say it is not able to be driven. Who do I call for service when my service department is corrupt?

I'm on foot, not happy. Can't recommend a 2008 KLR650 or my dealer to anyone. PM me for the dealer's name and address, only if you live in British Columbia.

Anybody have more horror stories about dealers gone bad?

:-)

Worlok14 05-15-2008 07:57 PM

RE: $tealership warranty help

Man I would be pissed. Try to find some body with a trailer and go get your bike and take it to a different dealership.If you have been riding in New England, it is likely that the road salt has corroded your brakes so try not to blame your bike.
There are many places on the internet that you can order brake parts from so if you can afford it, order the parts, take them to the stealership, and demand that your bike gets repaired.
You might want to call Kawasaki North America corporate and lodge a complaint. This kind of crap really makes me mad!
Dont give up!

hoedogg 05-15-2008 08:02 PM

call kawi and tell them!

NMbottlecap 05-15-2008 08:45 PM

I agree with my esteemed colleages who suggest contactin Kawa and let them know you're getting shafted, I wouldn't be surprised if after making some noise with them those back ordered parts are show up ;)

srobak 05-15-2008 08:53 PM

Call Kawi - they are pretty good about lighting a fire under dealers asses.

kx slaughter king 05-16-2008 12:31 AM

haha, id steal me a "parts bike" form them at night, then tell them i dont want it fixed then take it home and fix it myself[sm=devilgrin.gif] but thats me:D

Prom 05-16-2008 04:19 AM

my bro got screwed on a warranty deal with his truck, called GM The manager got an ass chewing from corporate and my bro got his warranty transferred to a different dealer.The dealers think they can jerk you around all they want, only cause most customers dont know the dealer is on a short leash. Call Kawi, they will get you straightened out.