Felt great to get out!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 12:03 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Felt great to get out!!!!!!!!

Finally! It was 42 out today so I took the bike for a little cruise. I need to find a shop or someone to look at it though. It just didn't seem like it wanted to idle even once it warmed up and didn't seem to have the power it did when I got it last year. I know it wasn't the gas because I had all new gas and filter on it and the plugs were new. I double checked to make sure they were all sparking fine, which they were so I don't know what else to think other than maybe the carbs got out of sync somehow. Anyone have any clue what shops normally charge for a carb sync and maybe rejetting?

Old 03-13-2008, 02:16 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Felt great to get out!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the ride. Run some stabil through it and see if that helps. Carbs just do not un-sync by themselves.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:21 AM
1st Gear Member

It's supposed to be a whopping 46 tomorrow so I'll give it a try!

Old 03-13-2008, 07:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Well went out today and it ran a lot better it seemed until......I went to go from a stop, 1st fine, shift to 2nd missed...WTF!?!? I pull in the clutch again and lift up and I lift HIGH and LONG. The shifter seems loose. So I leg it home and put it in the garage. I look at the shifter and it's loose. I tighten the jam nut I see and it seems to shift ok now, but only when running. I can't get it to shift through the gears when it's off. I used to be able to. Any ideas?

Old 03-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

bikes need to moving to shift threw all the gears smoothly. glad to hear ya got some putting in[8D]

Old 03-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to start off something like this: So after I got out of prison, I bought a bike......yada yada yada[8D] Glad it wasn't that. Oh and congrats on riding. I have been riding to work the past few weeks, as soon as the snow disappeared.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:51 AM
1st Gear Member

man, i'm glad that i got out today since it was finally almost 50 degrees and the snow wasn't still on the road.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Even moving the bike doesn't seem to shift smoothly, real jerky/clunk like shifts. I'm going to change fluid tomorrow and bleed out the fluids tomorrow. Hopefully that helps. It's supposed to getting cold and rainy this weekend so that'll give me some time to look into further. So busy looking for a job, trying to get the mustang ready for drag racing, among other great life expectations! LOL

We still have some nasty streets around here. Full of sand/salt, huge pot holes, and some side streets still have 6" deep ruts. Waterloo had a harsh winter and the city did a really really poor job of keeping up on them this winter. They've actually closed a few streets because of pot holes and they released a press statement that the city will NOT pay for damages done to vehicles because of potholes, even though some aren't avoidable. Oh well