Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Ninja ZX-6R & ZX-6RR (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/ninja-zx-6r-zx-6rr-16/)
-   -   pair mod (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/ninja-zx-6r-zx-6rr-16/pair-mod-18754/)

sambam 01-31-2008 09:11 PM

pair mod

anyone ever ran the vent hose from tranny crankcase to the top of the valve cover? it normally goes to the air box..i have it done to my 05'Gsxr 1000..Ive got a 06' 636 also.

speedracer138 01-31-2008 09:57 PM

RE: pair mod

I just connecter the 2 KLEEN air valves together with a piece of the hose that I removed with the assembly. I left the crankcase to airbox hose original. The Kawasaki Race Kit Manual recommends removing the air valve assembly and plugging the 2 holes. Also plug the vacuum line at the TB.

TORA 01-31-2008 10:58 PM

You could do what speed says it works fine, I however did the mod the way you said ,and left the vaccume line connected from the tee valve to the throttle bodies instead of plugging it to leave the same amount of vaccume pressure even if it wasnt needed...:eek:

kory636 02-01-2008 02:31 AM

Hey speed, Pair valve mod, I know FOR SURE = 1-2 hp ;). TORA- If you go out of your way to do a mod, why not carry it out and do it the right way the first time as the mod calls for to get full potential out of the mod? Not bashing you, I know people all have their own ways of doing things, but why halfa** things?

speedracer138 02-01-2008 03:03 AM

I don't mind criticism or learning but The Kawasaki Factory Race Kit Manual shows thecrankcase to airbox to be left stockand the passages of the exhaust fresh air intakes on the valve cover/ headto be plugged. They would know what makes the most HP. I have read some posts on the PAIR/ KLEEN mod with inconclusive results on the HP gains. Where did you read aboutthe 1-2 HP gains? All that KLEEN valves do is intriduce some extraoxygen (atmospheric air) to complete the burn of the unburned fuel if any so I don't see where or howthe bike could 1-2 HP. Maybe .1-.2 from what I read. I guess I could tryI on the dyno for real proof.

kory636 02-01-2008 01:50 PM

When we build our motors here and go back together with the bikes, one thing we usually do to them is the mod. However, simply running a line adapter or replacing the crankcase and pair hose with a solid hose to/from each other will suffice. Some bikes see minimal gain, others see decent. I would say base case scenario would be gsxr1000 - almost like 1.8. But you know how every bike is different, and how 2 of the exact same stock bikes could be a mile away from each other. So it definately depends on the nature of your bike to how much you could gain from this.

Kohburn 02-01-2008 04:03 PM

the closed system is basicly "emissions" control to keep unburnt fuel vapors out of the air. most engines will pick up a little gain by not circulating the crankcase air back through the engine but replacing the breather lines with a simple breather filter.

sambam 02-01-2008 08:14 PM

Wow what a response..Ive read and heard that the hose from the airbox to the tranny creat's a postive pressure to the tranny.with the ram air effct.. it's like forcing air down the vent hose to the trans. with it rerouted, thats were the few if any hp's come from..Anyway guy's i'm new to this forum, but ben rideing for a while and doing trackday's with ridesmart since 05'.Ive been wanting a trackbike, don't wanna tear up my gsxr to bad, so i found this little ripper..Full muzzy,pc3.custom map,jumper mod,irridum plugs.115hp at the rearwheel.i love this bike!

sambam 02-01-2008 08:29 PM

hey Speed, do you ever do track days out at Motorsportranch in Cresson,Tx? Or ever ride out to dallas?

kory636 02-01-2008 10:22 PM

welcome to KF sambam