Its offically that time of year again!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Default Its offically that time of year again!!

yup its the time of year again. when we start seeing the debuts of the 2006 models. first bullet to be shot came from yamaha. the pics of the new r1 and r6 are up on there site. the r1 is the same with a special edition yellow paint scheme being the crown jewel. where as yamaha decided to pull a kawasaki almost. they branched the r6 into to models. the r6s (last years carry over basicly) and then the r6 got redone with new body and a new exhaust. oh yea also the r1 got a new swing arm. cant wait to see what suz., honda and kawi counter attack with.

Old 09-02-2005, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Its offically that time of year again!!

i checked out yamaha's site for the 06 model year. it wasn't what i expected them to do with the r6. i think they took a half step backwards with the design on the bike. i really don't like the side fairing. and why did they do away with the projection headlights? and what is up with the plate bracket. don't they know that's always the first thing to go? oh well, the black looks better then any of the other colors.

Old 09-02-2005, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Well being an R1 rider I was expecting a little more. The LE model is hooked up with some nice goodies though. Wonder what the price will be?

The R6 looks ok but that plat bracket WTF.

Well I need to read some more before passing finale judgment.

Old 09-02-2005, 06:43 AM

Just wanted to say hi to everyone cuz i am new and this is my first time talking on here. In response to the 06 models, i found an article on the zx-10r and pictures of it too. It is an awesome bike. Here is the link: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...ID=2453&Page=1. Make sure you check out the photo gallery which is located on the right side of the screen only a little ways down. I just keep looking at the pictures over and over. soo sick. The black is my favorite. so yea, i thought i would just share that link with those who hadnt yet seen the 06 10r cuz its an incredible bike.

Old 09-02-2005, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome bro and nice link.

I think kaw has really stepped it up in the styling department the last few years. I was in the stealership a week ago and the kaw 600's were looking very mean.

Old 09-02-2005, 03:23 PM

Welcome aboard. NIce link i am glad to see the digital tach to go. and the steering dampner is a nice addition!

Old 09-02-2005, 03:25 PM

I am pretty new here as well. I was wondering where you and everyone else are from. I am from West Chester PA wondering if there was any one close by?

Old 09-02-2005, 06:58 PM

The R1 is nice I heard the LE is 15k or so....the R6 has a 17,500 redline...thats pretty cool in a sense umm the R1 is nice but I do think the projectors added a little sex appeal to it.......on the Kawi side, the zx10 looks a little odd but I think it will grow on me I like it but just weird to see it go from bigger headlights to smaller although other than that I like it....

Old 09-07-2005, 07:39 AM

wow....looks wise Kawasaki took a few steps back, but so far every other manufacturer has done the same as well so far

Old 09-07-2005, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. thanks for hooking us up to the link. enjoy your stay here. post some pics. ride safe and gear up.

Quick Reply: Its offically that time of year again!!