[ HELP ] My bike is feeling like it just randomly pops??

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 05:52 AM
Default [ HELP ] My bike is feeling like it just randomly pops??

Ok, I have been riding for thre years and have just been putting stuntin' in the back corner untl recently... I got an 06 636 to play with and now wen I am ridin in 1st gear it feels like randomlywhen I let of the gas or get on it, that it POPS into and out of gear?! Hard to explain, I can make a video if needed... I replaced the oil and got new plugs?! Plugs will be going in the bike friday...

Could it be the clutch!? Or is the 1s gear going out?! I have been pullin' it up in first and changing gears when riding a wheelie... but I did take a while to get cmfotable on the balance... I did practice alot the day before this started happening...

Oh yea what oil does everyone use?!I have been buying motul oil and lucas... also if you know what the problem is explain how I need to go about fixin' it.. I like working on th bike myself!

Thanks for the input!

Old 09-06-2007, 08:28 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: [ HELP ] My bike is feeling like it just randomly pops??

is your chain loose? how bout your sprockets, still good?

Old 09-06-2007, 02:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Sulli

Ok, I have been riding for thre years and have just been putting stuntin' in the back corner untl recently... I got an 06 636 to play with and now wen I am ridin in 1st gear it feels like randomlywhen I let of the gas or get on it, that it POPS into and out of gear?! Hard to explain, I can make a video if needed... I replaced the oil and got new plugs?! Plugs will be going in the bike friday...

Could it be the clutch!? Or is the 1s gear going out?! I have been pullin' it up in first and changing gears when riding a wheelie... but I did take a while to get cmfotable on the balance... I did practice alot the day before this started happening...

Oh yea what oil does everyone use?!I have been buying motul oil and lucas... also if you know what the problem is explain how I need to go about fixin' it.. I like working on th bike myself!

Thanks for the input!
one of the worse things u can ever do is power shift through neutral... i take it u dont use the clutch when shifting through right? even if you do, start using the clutch in second man...

Old 09-06-2007, 02:55 PM

So since I have been just crusing this could fall under the waranty ?!

Old 09-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

like mott said check your chain and sprockets. that will create popping.
ORIGINAL: Mott Power

is your chain loose? how bout your sprockets, still good?

Old 09-09-2007, 03:03 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Get a shifting star from http://www.factorypro.com/SHFT-EVO-K37-KT $169.95. Also Adjust your shift lever a little lower. It's probably not engaging fully when you shift.