Man! Nobody has an 11?

Old 06-15-2009, 01:53 PM
1st Gear Member

I have not found much gear that is lockable. You might try JC.Whitney. They usually have good prices on that kinda stuff though.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Jc Whitney has a cheap lockable box that would be great but there's nowhere to mount it on the bike. I would need some kind of rack to place it on. I might have to create my own I guess.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:52 PM

What your hearing is your manual cam chain adjuster. The auto adjuster sometimes gets stuck between teeth and allows the timing chain to slack a bit. When the timing chain gets enough slack in it (you'll know when it sounds as if your chain is about to throw off) you'll hear a loud tick and the auto adjuster will tighten. This happpened to me twice. both times I swore I had thrown my timing chain. After a $150. inspection, I was informed that thiss is normal operation for the auto chain tensioner. Do yourself a favor and buy the manual cam chain tensioner from Orient Racing or APE and never deal with this issue.
As for the number three rod, the 11's were cursed with low oil volume to the rod but taking your oil pan to Terry Kaiser of Mr. Turbo in Texas is a sure fix. He modifies your stock oil pan with an external oil line that delivers oil directly to the #3 rod. It's worth the hundred or so bucks and the peace of mind.

Attached Thumbnails Man! Nobody has an 11?-craigslist.jpg   Man! Nobody has an 11?-craigslist1.jpg   Man! Nobody has an 11?-craigslist2.jpg   Man! Nobody has an 11?-samba4.jpg   Man! Nobody has an 11?-samba5.jpg  

Old 06-27-2009, 03:06 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Nice looking ride dgpilot15 and welcome to KF

Old 06-28-2009, 04:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome dg That is a very sweet ride. What mods have you done to it?

Old 06-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Talking

1994 ZX11, 1109cc big bore, Yoshimura full exhaust, Muzzy emissions block off, APE manual cam chain tensioner, K & N air filter, Re-jetted, Orient two stage lockup clutch with Barnett plates, polished stainless bolt kit for motor, Race Tech gold valves in forks, Black anodized billet grips from Performance Machine, Zero Gravity dark double bubble touring screen, Airtech fiberglass bodywork with solo race tail section, fender eliminator kit, 150 shot two stage wet nitrous kit with purge, Trac Dynamics 240mm swingarm kit extended 8 inches with optional lower loop, RK gold x ring chain riding on Renthal Ultralite 46 tooth rear sprocket (safety wired), black anodized Performance Machine 4 piston rear caliper riding on a custom rear wave rotor, all braided stainless brake lines, Custom black anodized Tokico six piston front calipers riding on one-off Performance Machine full floating Revolution racing discs, all discs have Yoyodine titanium hardware, Performance Machine polished billet "Player" rims, 17 x 3.5 front rim with a Metzeler ME880 120/70/17 tire, 18 x 8.5 rear with a Metzeler ME880 240/40/18, bike repainted Jewel Green Metallic in February by Earl Sheib (dont laugh, they did a fantastic job for only $250.)

Total cost for build:

$15,000.

Being able to hand Busas their a$$ in style:

PRICELESS!

Old 06-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha very nice!

Old 06-30-2009, 12:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Man, that sounds very impressive. Would love to see the look of a 'Busa pilot after that run

Old 06-30-2009, 01:54 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ga dam. yes some tinkering done on that ride, congrats.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:13 PM

True story... I left my I-Pod at a friends house in Menifee, Ca., about 100 miles away from home and decided to get up really early one Sunday morning and ride out to get it. It was around 7 am and not a soul on the freeway. I was cooking along the 15 freeway south at around 100mph. The bike was comfortable and happy at that speed. Just then, the bike started to surge. It felt as if it was asking me for more. I looked down and the speedo read 135. That's around 6500 rpm for me and coincidentally when my ram air starts working. I pondered.....Hmmm. Open freeway, straight as an arrow, not a sul in sight. Having never REALLY pinned my bike to the stops before, I was interested in what it was truly capable of. Being the crazy S.O.B. that I am, before my brain had made the choice, my wrist had already chosen for me. I don't really remember much. I remember the speed and how fast it came on was dumbfounding. I glanced down just for a millisecond and saw the needle sweep past 160. I was at 9500 rpms. The power was pouring on now. The wind was deafening and trying to suck me off the back of the bike.
I glanced down again and the speedo read 225 and 11500 rpm. Factoring in a 10% correction error, thats a blistering 195 MPH! It hadn't even really sunk in yet when all went wrong.
I was on the stretch of 15 freeway just in front of the Toms Farms plaza. What I wasn't aware of is the overpass creates a dip in the usually arrow straight freeway.
That's right! I hit this dip at 195 mph.
The bike went airborne, the tach hit the rev limiter and I sharted myself.
The bike landed straight, thank god no wobbles or difficulty (one more nod to the engineers at Kawi, if it were a Honda, I'd be a dead man!)
I had scared myself straight and continued the remainder of my trip at the posted speed limit.
I haven't topped her out since.
I still wonder what that extra 500 rpm would have given me.

OH! and if your law enforcement and reading this, it's all an elaborate story that I made up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Man! Nobody has an 11?