Lowering Link...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 01:34 AM
Default Lowering Link...

I'm going back and forth on installing a lowering link on my rear and adjusting the tripple clamp down to match ride height on my 04 10r. Does anyone have any experience with this and the riding changes it has on the bike? I like the way it rides and handles now, but would like to know what I can expect after. I would be nice to be able to touch the ground at a stop with both feet......

Old 10-29-2006, 02:12 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Lowering Link...

I personnally have not installed links to my ride. However, I have ridden with others that have them for drag racing purposes. I see two major changes happening with the links. 1) hard parts scrape sooner 2) the geometry of the ride is altered so your suspension setup may need to be altered also 3) your riding style may need to change to suit the changes in 1 and 2. I would not recommend dropping the bike too much unless you prefer straight line only stuff.

Old 10-29-2006, 02:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

I personnally have not installed links to my ride. However, I have ridden with others that have them for drag racing purposes. I see two major changes happening with the links. 1) hard parts scrape sooner 2) the geometry of the ride is altered so your suspension setup may need to be altered also 3) your riding style may need to change to suit the changes in 1 and 2. I would not recommend dropping the bike too much unless you prefer straight line only stuff.

I just put a set on my 01 ZX6R.
Droped 2" in the back and 1.75" in the front, and Dragone#19 is right.
Point #2 and #3 are VERY true.
To the point that I may go back stock if I dont get used to it soon.
BUT...If you wana go straight and fast, drop it low.
Good luck to ya and be safe.

Old 10-29-2006, 11:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Get the fully adjustable lowering links so you can experiment with different settings. Check out Schnitz Racing.com thats where my hubsand got his. The fully adjustable give you more freedom to experiment than the dog bones with 2-3 holes.

Old 10-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Dang, ya got me again skg. Nice post. I was not aware of the fully adjustable links.
Nice looking ride raized1199

Old 10-30-2006, 02:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

Dang, ya got me again skg. Nice post. I was not aware of the fully adjustable links.
Nice looking ride raized1199
Thanks Bro.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:44 AM
1st Gear Member

lol, whatcha talking about? Your post was perfect I was just thowing in my 2 cents. a lot of folks don't know about the fully adjustable links. However it does seem like we are always posting about the same time...always.

Tag you're it!

Old 10-31-2006, 06:13 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: suprakawigrl

lol, whatcha talking about? Your post was perfect I was just thowing in my 2 cents. a lot of folks don't know about the fully adjustable links. However it does seem like we are always posting about the same time...always.

Tag you're it!

Does anyone make a link to raise this bike? I'm 6-1 and the seat height is 34, with the Dunlop 606 its not bad, but I would like to have a little more.
Name:  Picture_0122.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  122.2 KB

Old 11-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Not knowing your suspension, but I can adjust my ride height up to 1" I think it was for the penske race shock for the 10r to compensate for using different sized tires and still keeping my preload/sag pretty darn close. Where the stock shock, there were shims available to do the same thing. Did I make sense here? So, are there shim kits available for your ride deej?

Old 11-01-2006, 08:17 AM
1st Gear Member

hi deej

I don't know if somethings available but I will look in my catalogs tomorrow. I have to admit I am a little more familiar with street bikes but I will do some research in the morning and see what I come up with. cool?

Quick Reply: Lowering Link...