mORE pOWER pLZ!

Old 06-15-2009, 02:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Juice box is less good than a PClll, but neither will give any more real power. They're there to set the fuelling right so that you can take full advantage of other mods. They both need proper set up on a dyno.

Now stop reading the ads, especially stop believing them, and go out and learn a bit about bikes and engines.

Rob

Old 09-08-2010, 06:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Odimus
ceramic exhaust bearings, repsol full-synthetic blinker fluid, high horsepower decals, aftermarket flux capacitor, and a go fast wind screen
im gonna remember all those for future referance omg lmao .....repsol full-synthetic blinker fluid<---funny **** there

Old 09-08-2010, 09:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Whats so funny? that synth blinker fluid has kept my blinkers bright and visible for years. I cant count the number of times it saved my life.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Prom
Whats so funny? that synth blinker fluid has kept my blinkers bright and visible for years. I cant count the number of times it saved my life.
lmao too funny !

Old 09-10-2010, 05:25 AM
1st Gear Member

I dont get it...

Old 09-22-2010, 11:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Being more serious, for a drastic increase you must start by increasing compression. Best done by milling the head unless you can find aftermarket high compression pistons. Open up and flow the ports at the same time. Then change the cams. Versys inlet cams in both inlet and exhaust are good. The TBs must be opened out and to suit them you'll need to make up new butterflies. You can ignore the secondary butterflies, although omitting them will result in poorer response when the throttle is snapped open from low revs.

You'll then need a decent exhaust and an opened up air box and free flowing filter. After that you can use a juice box or power commander to set up the fuelling to suit, and you'll need to re-map the ignition advance curve. The finished engine will need high octane petrol.

A turbo, and boring out the cylinders to increase capacity to 750cc are also worth considering, although the overbore is more for enhanced mid range capability.

Juice box or Power Commander,exhaust, air box mods and filter will give you a little, but not really very much.

By the time you've learned (and earned) enough to do all that work you may know how to ride it.

The first line of the Juice Box advert is semantically disingenuous.
• Allows addition of fuel required with engine modifications without upsetting stock fuel map.

It works by altering the ecu outputs - ie, modifying the stock fuel map on the fly. If it was possible to alter the stock map internally then there'd be no need for things like juice boxes. On some bikes you can alter the internal maps, and that's a better option than these things. Anything that alters the fuelling should be set up with a dyno and ega. Guessing and 'rider feel' are not good enough.

Rob

Last edited by williamr; 09-22-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Odimus
ceramic exhaust bearings, repsol full-synthetic blinker fluid, high horsepower decals, aftermarket flux capacitor, and a go fast wind screen

I fell on the floor laughing

Old 09-22-2010, 08:05 PM
1st Gear Member

are you trying to go faster, or just quicker?

you should try gearing first.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by justin1
Hello,

What would be the best option for increasing HP drastically on my 2008 650R ninja?

buy a 636 or a zx10

Old 09-18-2012, 10:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by justin1
Hello,

What would be the best option for increasing HP drastically on my 2008 650R ninja?
Same advice we always gave riders with bikes like that...

Jack your butt up in the air, slide the 650 out of the way, roll a ZX6 into place and lower your butt down.

I have to believe the Ninja 650 has to have some demand for it used if the condition is good. There is no way you will ever get "drastically" increased HP without drastic measures that would cost more than selling it off and buying a 600 supersport. That would nearly double your horsepower for a few grand difference depending on what you sell/trade yours for on whatever new/used 600 you got.

I'm not being some smart a-- either. This is the classic case of "if you want more power, sell the bike and buy more power".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: mORE pOWER pLZ!