Need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Default Need some help!

I recently pulled the baffles out of the bike on a recomendation from another friend with the same bike. Bad Move... =( The bike sounds like complete crap, and it sputters right around 5 grand. I was hoping someone has put another exhaust on the bike and has their old silencers/mufflers lying around. So if anyone is selling them PLEASE let me know haha.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:29 AM
Default RE: Need some help!

I hate to be an ***, but way to go before doing the proper research. I really doubt anyone will want to give or sell their stock equipment on here, thats not really what people do on these forums. My advice is to buy a new stock exhaust and not mess with it anymore. After reading what alot of people have changed on their 500s it looks as though leaving it stock is really the best all around choice. Good luck anyway with your search...............

Old 03-27-2007, 08:15 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I've only got one muffler and while it's functional, it's been scratched to h311.
But don't despair--every swinging Richard and his brother eventually try to sell their stock mufflers to help pay for some Muzzy, aCrapovich, or Suckachu aftermarket exhaust. If you're patient and persistent, you'll eventually find a bargain on Ebay.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
-Chris in C'bad

Old 03-27-2007, 09:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Come on Chris, Get rid of your stock muffler and put on a muzzy, you know you want to

J/K, please dont hit me [sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 03-27-2007, 09:21 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Ahoy Prom.
I'm a Veteran for Peace and will do everything (short of hitting) to convince you.
I actually appreciate the sacrifice these brave loud-pipers make for my benefit. Truly, I do!
Loud pipes have made cops lazy. It's gotten too easy for them. No lie!
If we were all gazelles on the Serengeti Plain doing their best to avoid lions, louder pipes would be the equivalent with all the other gazelles volunteering to wear jingling bells to announce to the Lion that dinner is on the way.
The cops have been so conditioned to equate noise with speed that they don't even look twice when I zip by their radar guns at 15mph over the posted speed limit. My bikes all have built-in stealth-technology and I didnt' have to do a thing!
So thanks dummies (err, I mean all you rebels riding around with loud pipes) for paying for all my tickets.
-Chris in C'bad
You can have my stock mufflers when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:44 AM
1st Gear Member

^^^ lol ^^^ What would we have to do in order for you to install a Muzzy, Chris?

Old 03-27-2007, 10:02 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

That's an easy one. Just make a Muzzy as quiet as (or preferably quieter than) a stock pipe. I'd pay an extra $3000 for a bike that didn't make any sound at all, even it went a little slower. Imagine if you had a completely silent bike AND a master-switch to turn off all your bike's lights--you could disappear like a ghost at night! The only thing that would be cooler would be one of those Star Wars sky-bikes from Endor.

These jokers who say "Loud pipes save lives" need to open their eyes, quit being lazy, and start looking out for their own welfare instead of expecting minvan drivers to do it for them. (They're already busy enough with their makeup, cellphone and kids in the backseat.)

Peace!
-Chris in C'bad

Old 03-27-2007, 10:26 AM
1st Gear Member

You would just love the harley rider I work with. There's absolutely no way to convince him that....

a: helmets are safe. (because aparently they'll break your neck)
b: loud pipes aren't any safer than regular pipes.
c: sportbikes are "real bikes too".

Old 03-27-2007, 07:49 PM
1st Gear Member

I can see CC riding Barry van Dyke's flying bike from Galactica 1980 with the cops trying to catch him LOL

Old 04-07-2007, 09:51 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: markmeinteil

You would just love the harley rider I work with. There's absolutely no way to convince him that....

a: helmets are safe. (because aparently they'll break your neck)
a little thinning out of the gene pool never hurt anyone... survival of the fittest and such.

honestly though, have him check out www.ride2die.com its pretty graphic, so dont say i didnt warn you.

dont wanna wear a helmet? that could be your face

Quick Reply: Need some help!