Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Ninja 500R (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/ninja-500r-13/)
-   -   Have you raced a corvette? (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/ninja-500r-13/have-you-raced-corvette-10538/)

rubix777 03-20-2007 10:15 PM

Have you raced a corvette?

Pulled up to a red light and split to the front. The right turn lane was open and I saw a corvette slip into that open lane. I had no idea he wanted to race until he took off at the green.

Hello! If he wanted to race he should've reved at me before it turned green [:'(].

calamarichris 03-20-2007 11:33 PM

RE: Have you raced a corvette?

Why rev and announce your intentions fairly when a car's only hope of smoking a bike is surprise?

In traffic, I'm always on the watch for police; not only for my own skin, but on the chance that I can trick some poor dummy into launching into a speedtrap. So far I've gotten a Harley and this dumb kid on an F4 tickets.
Lean forward, splay your legs out, give the throttle a blip and tense-up...
then acclerate normally and watch the dummy next to you fly into the waiting arms of the police. ;)
-CCinC

gotrice 03-21-2007 12:30 AM

either way you have gotten smoked[8D]

calamarichris 03-21-2007 12:43 AM

That's true, but my ego is somehow salved when I roll slowly past the guy pulled over getting his ticket.

The race goes not always to the swiftest...

056r 03-21-2007 02:03 AM

i dont wanna sound like a dick but i dont think you would have won that race friend.

hicktown 03-21-2007 02:46 AM

you wouldve hung through 2nd maybe... then adios there goes the vette.

Prom 03-21-2007 04:38 AM

Top end battle with a vette, no question the 500 will lose, but acceleration and twisties, all comes down to the driver. Just hope he realizes he paid too much for that vette to blow it up at a streetlight.

jamieislimegreen 03-21-2007 05:59 AM

one of my best friends has an SS camaro, i think the year 2000. Its fast, but in the quarter he posted a 12 flat. His car does have upgraded exhaust and racing stuff done to it...........

My point is unless the driver of that corvette is used to racing it the 500 would probably get the best of it for a quarter mile weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee at an incredibly low fraction of the cost

rubix777 03-22-2007 03:14 AM

You know what's funny. When I had my Yellow Ninja 250R another corvette wanted to race too and was weaving around cars on a local road. I don't think his passenger was very relaxed. Anyway, I split to the front each time we stopped at a light. :D

nastybutler 04-17-2007 10:50 AM

Hell, that's half the reason I bought a bike. So I could smoke fools in Honda Accords with coffee can tailpipes who spent $10K on aftermaket parts with my $4500 stock crotch rocket. It makes me laugh every time. It's the little things in life that make it worth living...