Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Ninja 250R (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/ninja-250r-12/)
-   -   My first day on my ninja VIDEO (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/ninja-250r-12/my-first-day-my-ninja-video-20475/)

08ninja250green 04-08-2008 12:47 AM

My first day on my ninja VIDEO

This is my first ever lesson on a bike. I started out very shaky. Took me a while to feel comfortable. I was pretty scared but once i rolled around for a while in first gear dragging my feet it occured to me thatI couldput my feet up, shift to second, and go a little faster. I have realized that the hard partis slow speed maneuvers, braking smoothly, and walking the bike around. It requires a lot of concentration when you are just learning. But of course you all know that. I am going to do the safety course but i wanted to get the first time jitters out of the way so i am more comfortable and get more out of the course. We set up some drills with some plastic bottles which is what i am doing in this video...if my post works!

Does anyone remember when they first learned to ride, how long did you practice in parking lots, or deserted areas before you were comfortable enough to drive in traffic. I don't want to rush anything. Just wondering about other's experiences.

Melissa
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Jp9W34AOqU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed>

markmeinteil 04-08-2008 01:05 AM

RE: My first day on my ninja VIDEO

Not bad for a first time go at it.:)I think you'll probably pick up on riding quickly. Making turns was the only thing I had a hard time learning at first. But after the second ride I had it down pretty well.

foo250 04-08-2008 01:51 AM

I'm jealous. I'm getting my first bike soon and the wait is absolutely killing me. Nice bike!

1lowGMC 04-08-2008 03:20 AM

Bike looks good, after the course you shoulbe be ready to hit the streets. I would wait untill then if your feeling unsure. If you feel your ready for the road, start out on some bacl roads with little traffic.

stone_sour09 04-08-2008 03:40 AM

you'll be ok after the course and just some practice. when i first started riding the streets, i got kinda nervous when ridin in traffic like in town. stopping and going.

Talca 04-08-2008 02:20 PM

Good job you are off to a great start

AHUFFY 04-17-2008 08:11 AM

Nice start. I gotta say I got my first street bike 1 1/2 ago and road it down the street and back and was ready to go. But the biggest thing is confidence. Know your limits but with that said be confident, look ahead, make a decision, and go with it don't second guess yourself. And I think the guys will agree "biker chicks" (no offense intended :) ) rock!!!

MrBobby69 05-07-2008 02:01 AM

on my first ride i got right on and and went down the highway...didnt really bother me at all... i thougth the **** was fun as hell....only thing that had me nervous was my first turn ....was a 90 degree turn but after that i was ok. I plan on taking the safety course at teh end of this month

Too~SweeeT 05-07-2008 04:27 PM

I just got my 08 Ninja 250r a week ago and I'm doing the same thing you are as far as learning to ride. I have put a big 4.5 miles on my bike so far and thats riding up and down my drive and in the yard and a empty High School parking lot.
I was so nervous at first I was gripping the handles so tight my hands went numb and then I relaxed and well I haven't been past 2nd gear but then again I just had it lowered yesterday and I have only rode on it for about 6 hours so far but I'm taking it out again today for some more!
Good luck with yours!

mclaysa 05-07-2008 10:34 PM

Keep up the good work...and just remember to go with what's comfortable. Not everyone can hop on the bike and be ready. So just be safe.

Recalling my first riding experience:
I had just bought a Buell Blast in 2002 or so(500cc single)...very peppy. I lived on a rather twisty hill and decided to just initially ride around my yard. I let out the clutch and drove into a shrub...I was glad my wife was watching at the time. After the embarassment wore off, I tried again....was soon riding up my hill and around the back roads (not necessarily legally, which I don't suggest). But I put in about 3 weeks practice before taking my road test.

This isn't a story to scale your experiences against...just a reminder that some people take to a motorcycle quickly and some need more time. You do what feels right...don't rush things.
-sean