New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

You think I am crazy? PLS HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Default You think I am crazy? PLS HELP

Hi everybody! Im 23 ! Im a girl [....im new to motorcycle riding ...and im new to the US...And this is my story:
One day I was really bored at work browsing the internet ..staring at motorcycles in fascination....the next weekend i was already attending MSF rider course and 2 weeks after I had my 2006 ninja 250 shipped to my house...i was desparate to get it so i kept calling the deallership 5 times a day...but the day i got my motorcycle i wanted to cry and throw up. [:'(]and was about to get a panic attack!
The thing is i have no friends who ride motorcycles im all alone in this game ..just me my ninja and motorcycle manual...once i started riding everybody i know would mention something scary to me ..like motorcycle death statistics of massachusets..or something stupid like hows ur moped? ...But im very positive person still Im here seeking for ur support!!!

Old 07-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: You think I am crazy? PLS HELP

Don't trip if i had a nickel every time someone told me to be careful when i got my 10r i would be rich$$$$ if u like riding and have fun doing it that's all that matters and u will find very supportive people on hear so welcome to KF and post some pics if u gottem...........

Old 07-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Well congratulations!!! Welcome to KF and the world of two wheels! It is awesome and you'll do just fine as long as you keep your head - just use what they taught you at the MSF and keep learning at every opportunity that you can. Never ride over your limits.

Btw - you're not crazy! You are gonna love it!

Old 07-26-2006, 11:23 PM
1st Gear Member

NOt crazy at all!!. welcome to the forum. next time they ask u about your moped ask them how they like paying upwards for 30-40$ to fill up their tanks and ask em what kind of gas mileage they get, that'll shut em up!!!!! ride safe and watch out for those crazy cagers out there

Old 07-26-2006, 11:27 PM

welcome to the forum....like they all said dont worry about what everyone iis telling you as long as you are having fun thats all that matters.....and there might be some people opn here in your area or at least a good rides distance

Old 07-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to KF and to the 2 wheel life.

Well I say you are on the right track, you have taken the MSF and have the basic skills needed to learn. Now just get out there and start ridding and like Blubird said stay with in your ridding skill, slow and careful, speed will come later when your skill improves. You should have no problem going on the freeway just get up top proper speed, to slow can be just as dangerous as to fast, and you do not want to be a hazard.

Be aware of what is going on around you, front, rear and sides. You should be looking down the road to see where other vehicles are and watch for cars that or changing lanes or merging on and off. Watch people’s heads in their cars, if a person is checking his left mirror a lot he may be getting g ready to change lanes, anticipating what other vehicles are going to do is good. Watch out for the unexpected as well, nothing worse than the driver who changes lanes with out looking.

Bottom line is use commonsense and watch out for the idiots and you will be fine. I am sure it will not be long until you some new friends with the same interest.

Good luck and ride safe. Oh BTW new members are supposed to post a picture of themselves.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome,

Notstock nailed it. As far as not having friends who ride: that'll change. The biggest surprise I got when I started riding, was how cool the community is. Props to you for going out and getting into somthing new.

My guess is a 23 yr young female rider won't have a hard time finding friends

Old 07-27-2006, 12:15 PM

just want to say welcome to kf and good for u it took alot of courage doing it. tell those people where u live ur bike will blow most cars away but dont try at least not yet! LOL and about finding people to ride with i was worried to i met one guy and he introduced me to about thirty people already bikers are a community and we share a common interst and u will find it quicker than u know. be safe and have fun

Old 07-28-2006, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Hey, welcome to the forums......

Old 07-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i still get to this day "you ride a sportbike ? what are you trying to kill yourself ?" lol mostly from people that dont ride and never had the intention to ride. dont sweat it, shake them haters off. take it slow and welcome to the kf family.

Quick Reply: You think I am crazy? PLS HELP