New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Pensacola, FL

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Default Pensacola, FL

I bought a 07 KLX250 in March and I like it alot!

I have done lots of riding on it and a few mishaps so I have had to do some work on it besides typical maintenance.

I recently found that the brake line has been rubbing on the rotor for awhile and rubbed a hole right through it I am not real happy with the front brake line design. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Theresa

Old 07-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Welcome, Theresa. I don't own a KLX, however, I might suggest switching to braided lines, using a different brake line routing "keeper" and creative use of zip ties.

Glad to have you and your bike with us. Post up a pic or three. Other KLX'ers may offer additional suggestions.

Gear up; stay safe.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF and congrats with the ride. Hit up the KLX section, there are tons of reading available, not sure if there was a brake hose related issue in there or not though.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Theresa welcome to the forums. My bike is the 06 KLX which besides the front headlight shroud, they are the same bike. I have noticed that my brake line especially when the forks are compressed tend to move toward the rotor, but I haven't seen any problems yet.