Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Newbie from Ventura County, CA (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/newbie-ventura-county-ca-16219/)

DS06Nomad 10-07-2007 10:15 PM

Newbie from Ventura County, CA

Hello, everyone! I've been lurking for a short time and have utilized this forum to make what I hope is a great decision about a new '06 Nomad. I've been riding for almost two years now and started with a great bike: a new 06 suzuki Boulevard C50T. I had a blast on that bike as it was my first ever. I put over 11,000 miles on it in under 2 years, customized and modified it to my liking, and enjoyed every mile on it.

I took the MSF course before getting the bike and am glad I did. I was very active on the Volusia Riders chat forum (DS06C50T), made a lot of good acquaintances there, and even head-manned a weekend get together for CA riders in Big Sur, Ca.

I'm 45 years young, am a sanitation engineer (someone's gotta do it!), and live in beautiful Ventura County, Ca. My longest ride was to Vegas (solo); shortest ride to the store for "soda"!;) I plan on taking longer and longer rides / trips with the Nomad since it'll be better on the highway (heavier, etc) than the Bully. I see trips to Palm Springs, Lake Havasu (AZ), and northern Cal in the not-too-distant future.

I take delivery of my new '06 Nomad (hae to change my name here from '07 to 06 Nomad!) in a week and a half and can't wait! Arranged the purchase to include a few extra goodies: luggage rack, lightbar with visors, V&H Baggers, and PCIII. Will wait on an air intake to see how the stock unit performs with the other upgrades. Any input/suggestions on air intake units are welcome...

Sorry to be a bit long-winded as an intro, but I'm REALLY excited about this bike. The Bully was the sensible choice as a starter; this Nomad is MY choice of exactly what the bike I want to ride/own is and should be! :) Oh, and BTW, it's all black... clearly the fastest color!!!

Cheers,
Daryl

markmeinteil 10-07-2007 10:18 PM

RE: Newbie from Ventura County, CA

Glad you're enjoying your ride!;)

DS06Nomad 10-07-2007 10:22 PM

Thanks, I can't wait to in about 2 weeks when I go pick it up at the dealership! Cant' wait for that "first ride"...

Question: how do I change my name on this forum? I thought I was going to buy a '07 but I ended up with an '06 so I need to change my name from DS07Nomad to DS06Nomad....

Thanks!
Daryl

markmeinteil 10-07-2007 10:28 PM

I don't think it's possible change your name. Since you only have a few posts, you could always start over.

DS06Nomad 10-07-2007 10:30 PM

that's true.... no biggy since I'm so new on this forum. I sent an E to the website asking. If I can I can, if not... I'll start back up with a new login...

No biggy,
Daryl

markmeinteil 10-07-2007 10:33 PM

You may want to use a user name non-relevant to your bike. That way it's future proof.:)

DS06Nomad 10-07-2007 10:42 PM

Oh, see now you're going to make me have to use my brain to think up something clever (other than the obligatory initilas + bike description logon name)... LOL. A good idea though; thanks. I'll see what I can come up with... I'm already trying to think of clever things for a personalized license plate [sm=headbang.gif]

Cheers,
Daryl

Dragone#19 10-07-2007 10:50 PM

congrats on the new purchase.

DS06Nomad 10-07-2007 11:08 PM

Thanks, Dragon... nice Mean Greenie!!!

daryl

hokie01 10-08-2007 12:58 AM

[sm=welcomesign.gif]to the madness,you could have bought a klx250 and joined us moles.:D

jeffzx9 10-08-2007 03:13 AM

HEY! Don't ever apologize for the sanitation engineer gig. I did a stint with the city sanitation department one summer (many years ago) when I was in college. It is tough, dirty, thankless work that most people take for granted. (This was back before our city had an ordinance against grass clippings. Let me tellyou,one can full of wet grass is heavy; 7 hours of cans of wet grass is worse than baling wet hay!!) Been there, dude.
Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your ride, and alwayshave an escape route.
Um,....green isfaster, though.;)

firstninjabike 10-08-2007 04:01 AM

thanks for cleaning up all the sh*t in the street.Oh and welcome to the forum.

rocketrotary 10-08-2007 06:42 AM

Welcome to the KF family. You have it a little confused though. Kawi Green is the fastest color, but black is more comfortable, and reduces wind buffeting by 9.7%. So, for a touring bike, you did excellent on your color choice (plus, black is just plain sexier). Congratulations on the new ride. Time to put some real miles on it.

rocketrotary 10-08-2007 06:46 AM

Oh yeah, and post some pics when you get a chance man.

BlackNinjaZX6R 10-08-2007 10:10 AM

+1

hoedogg 10-08-2007 02:15 PM

welcome to KF

BlackNinjaZX6R 10-08-2007 04:18 PM

+1 HD

zzrick 10-08-2007 08:00 PM

Welcome to KF:D