Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Newbie no really (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/newbie-no-really-30460/)

Kawboy06 10-05-2009 04:45 AM

Newbie no really

Hi all, I litterly just got my first bike, it's a 06 ZZR 600 with 2400 miles on it. I actually bought the bike for my wife, who had to have it, but never rides it, so I took it out for the first time today and had a blast. I don't know much about bikes, but know that I want it to sound a little better, and maybe have a little more get up and go. I'll figure out what I'm going to do to it for looks after I learn how to ride decently. I'll be going for the license test in a couple of weeks. These things are sooooo much fun.:D

95451 10-05-2009 01:36 PM

Welcome To Kawasaki Forums.
Turn On Same Tunes And Enjoy The Ride.
Theirs a lot of Good Members Here and they will do there Best to Help You out with Your Questions. Sometime It Takes A Little Longer Then Others. So, hang-in there.:D

deej 10-05-2009 02:23 PM

Welcome to the forums, get a Muzzy pipe...after all if its good enough for the KLX then it should be good for your bike....BAM!

williamr 10-05-2009 03:21 PM

You don't need more get up and go - not for a long while. A Sports 600 is really too much bike for a newby and the process of learning how to extract that performance could be very painful.

I'd suggest at the very least an MSF course to learn the basic slow speed control skill which are the core of all motorcycle control. Read Motorcycle Roadcraft to get an idea of how to position a motorcycle to minimise your chances of coming unstuck in traffic.

Rob

jeffzx9 10-05-2009 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the forums, Kawboy. It's a no-brainer; I'm siding with william^ on this one. If it's your first bike, play it cool and take your time. There's a whole lot of learning to do before you twiddling with go-fast mods on a 600. Yes, yes; it's very addictive stuff. We want (as does your wife, I hope) you around a while. If you have not already invested in quality gear (helmet, jacket, boots, gloves) please do so IMMEDIATELY. This is no insult, Kawboy; it's because we CARE.
Keep us posted on your learning curve, and sign up for a MSF or other course.
Welcome to the forums.

Dragone#19 10-06-2009 03:11 AM

so the wife already is a licensed msf rider? and you are just now realizing how a ride will change your life? I wish ya the best, take some learning time if needed, gear up and enjoy life. Welcome to KF

Kawboy06 10-06-2009 01:10 PM

Thanks for all of the advice guys. I'm definately going to be taking a MSF course, and I definately plan on taking it easy. I drag race so I have my speed adiction covered there. After the ride on Sunday, I can appreciate just cruising on a Bike, and enjoying the scenory. I've never gotten that experience from a car/truck before. It openned my eyes to new experiences. Thanks again guys.

hoedogg 10-06-2009 03:26 PM

welcome to KF

JRock420 10-06-2009 03:30 PM

welcome to KF