New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

newb to bikng and my first bike

Old 06-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Default newb to bikng and my first bike

hey guys, i just bought my first bike 01' ZX-6R, it's got 13,500 miles on it. I got it for 4k (hope i didn't jipped but i don't think i did). I bought it yesterday, took my beginners permit this morning (haven't looked a manual since i was in 10th grade lol), passsed, and am picking up the bike today.I've never driven a street bike, as a matter of fact other than BMX this will be the first bike i've ever ridden except for an old old automatic 50cc dirtbike lol. If there areany tips or things i should/need to kno about htis year, make model or anything like that i'd appreciate any advice yall have. Other than tha i guess i can ask my first question, where can i lowering links? i've searched but just can't seem to comeup with anything except stock parts sites. i'm a short dude and i'm standing on my tippy TOE lol. thanks

Old 06-14-2007, 05:45 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: newb to bikng and my first bike

welcome to KF .I am fairly new here myself .There are some good people here with loads of knowledge and info in general .By the way I'd recommend taking the MSF course .VERY HELPFUL !!!!!

Old 06-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF. try asking around in the ZX6R section if you don't get answers here.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:23 PM
1st Gear Member

trydialing inthe suspension a little

Old 06-14-2007, 06:55 PM

i haven't even picked up the bike yet lol i'll have to do some studying before i go "dialing" anything lol. how much lower can you get by doing this? i hate feeling like a newb. i'm a moderator on the sister site of this one for mitsubishi but i feel like an idiot again lol. i'm definatly taking the course you mentioned, i'm alredy signed up for the first week of July.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Comes with a manual ? If not I'd get a manual , it should walk you thru the steps to ' soften ' the suspension a littlebut when you do this the bike will react and handle differantly .Are you buying from a dealer ? if so they should be able to help dial it in for you . Hope this helps .

Old 06-14-2007, 07:32 PM
1st Gear Member

There are some lowering link posts on the site .Just do a ' lowering links ' search from the top header of the homepage at KF .

Old 06-14-2007, 08:05 PM

thanks, i'm not sure if it comes with a manual to be completely honest with you... it's becoming a pain in the @$$ to get this loan through... i got approved but they need all this crap which wouldn't be a problem except that he's had the bike just sitting for almost a year and has not had the tags on it or paid the taxes and they require a current registration for it. the guy said he's gonna try to get it registered today before the bank closes... boo. i hate searchin on forums i think i've found what i was ooking for all of.... 1 time. i'm gonna be the guy everybody hates b/c i asked th question that is hated by all and is asked every week lol.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:18 PM
1st Gear Member

NAH ...............there are some good people on here , many of them do not mind the questions but many of the questions can be answered by doing the search thingy . Sorry I couldn't be more help on the lowering . I haven't lowered mine and have no experience with the lowering links themselves .I am new here ( 3 weeks ) myself I woudn't stress it . Hope the bike buisness gets taken care of quickly for you

Old 06-15-2007, 01:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome. Don't worry about asking too many questions. everyone here is cool and glad to help. Just get some seat time and wear all your gear. Don't know much about lowering kits. I've been on here about a month and I'm still finding good info in previous threads. It sucks to wait for a new toy. I had to wait about three weeks with all the plates, permit, insurance etc....and that damn weather. Had to trailer it home. But oh what fun!...Enjoy and be safe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: newb to bikng and my first bike