New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

New to motorcylcling

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 03:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default New to motorcylcling

Morning all! I'm new to motorcycling, got bit by the bug last month, got bit baaaaaad. Now I'm going to the MSF class on Oct. 20, tick tock watch the days go by, can't wait!

Been looking at different discussions on motorcycles and I am definitely going with the Kawa Ninja 250. I'd rather learn on a "slow bike" rather than try to "grow" on a fast bike. Already have my gear but am wanting some insight on the green/white "leathers" shown on the website. Any one use them/bought them? I am thinking this would increase visibility to cagers.

I now have a supreme appreciation of just how idiotic drivers in 4 wheeled vehicles are. They will tail a motorcyle like anything and will cut off anybody be it car or motorcycle without signalling but then that's always been the case.

Anyway, just dropped in to say hi! Hope to post something about the MSF class soon.

Mr. Toad
Jr. Net Admin, 27
Villa Rica, GA

[IMG]local://upfiles/771/9A75431B77204ED9AB1DF60DAEA013B8.gif[/IMG]

Old 09-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Default RE: New to motorcylcling

Hello and welcome. When I took my MSF a couple years ago I had to wait about a month after the initial sign up. Those classes fill up fast. Have fun with the course. You'll learn a lot of useful stuff.

Old 09-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mr Toad, welcome to the dark side[sm=vader1.gif]. glad to hear that your going about it the right way. by taking the MSF and starting out with a smaller bike. CONGRATS AND WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF TWO WHEELS.... as far as the leathers go.... buy them. bright colors will make you more visable.... and thats what you want... well your off to a great start. gear up and ride safe... send some pics when you have the chance...

Old 09-21-2005, 06:36 PM

Nice to have you here Toad!!

Old 09-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums Mr. Toad! You are getting off on the right foot by taking the MSF and starting out small! Let us know how you make out!

Old 09-21-2005, 09:43 PM

Yes welcome mr. toad good luck and be safe in all your ventures

Old 09-24-2005, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

You are going to love riding. I had a great time at my MSF course. I had no prior MC experience and the class turned out to be a great confidence builder. The skills they teach you go a long way towards demonstrating that you can handle a bike with confidence.

The first thing I did after completing the course was pick up a set of leathers. I grabbed a pair of Alpinestars riding pants, which fit comfortably, are cut like a standard 5 pocket jean and are not totally obnoxious. I also picked up an Alpinestars jacket (spinner I think) and a good pair of gloves. I have a decent set of boots that come well up over my ankles, but they aren't MC specific. Oh I have a helmet too, KBC, I got a fair price on it, the only complaint is that there no breath deflector and the shield fogs up like crazy on cool mornings, hot afternoons, tepid evenings...

Anyway... have fun and be safe.