New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

New Member-bear48

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 12:02 AM
1st Gear Member
Default New Member-bear48

Hi all. Im a new member. I just came into possession of a 1981 Kawasaki, 250csr. My daughter bought a cabin in mtns here in Colorado and in it they found an old motorcycle. They were going to scrap it but I got to looking at it and decided to try and get it going. I brought it home and started going over it and checking things out to see if it was worth it. It has no battery but I do have one on order. I hooked the bike up to a car battery, put new gas in tank, turned the key on, lights came on. I had also pulled the plug and sprayed a little wd-40 into cylinder in case it was stuck a little. So I hit the started button and the motor started turning and piston was going up and down pretty good. I also hooked plug up to plug wire and grounded it to make sure I was getting spark and I was. Cleaned plug, put it back in. Turned gas on, checked carb. It was getting gas. I pushed starter button again and it started up and ran pretty good. I shut it off after about 30 seconds cause I have more things to check out. I just wanted to make sure it started. So now I will be in process of rebuilding it. Already getting battery and manual off ebay. I love getting projects like this and bringing old stuff back to life. Im retired so I have plenty of time to do it. Im sure I will have questions later but just wanted to tell you my story and introduce myself. I live in Brighton, Co. I will add pictures later.