New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Riding Shoes.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 04:05 AM
Default Riding Shoes.....

Wuts going on???
David here, I ride an '06 Kawasaki ZX-6RR!!!

Just wondering and trying to start a little conversation..... but how important are shoes to you, what type of shoes do you recommend to ride with, what type do you ride with, style, company, etc...

-thanx

Old 12-19-2005, 04:33 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Riding Shoes.....

Hey, whats going on... I can tell you not to wear dress shoes for certin lol from another post. I have no boots just street shoes. prob. should get some, in fact that sounds like a good x-mas gift to meself. btw welcome to the forum hope u like.

Old 12-19-2005, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums! That is an awesome looking bike!

For shoes, I wear military style boots, they seem to be alright.

Old 12-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

hey welcome to the forum..... icon makes great riding boots if you done want to wear the tradition riding boots.. www.rideicon.com
enjoy your stay bro.... we all do... great looking bike..

Old 12-19-2005, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcoime to the forums! lot sof good people here. For the sake of your ankles Get a pair of good riding boots. as madkaw stated B4 icon makes good riding boots that look normal and are very comfortable. I have a pair my self and i even wear them when i'm not riding. One of the nice thinga about boots that are made for riding is that they usually have some type of nubs on them where your foot hits the shifter to keep the boots from getting messed up. hopefully ya wont have to squid it with shoes for very long LOL.

Old 12-20-2005, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome bro, check out this site. I have used JR leather for years. http://www.joerocket.com/jrf/home.cfm

Old 12-20-2005, 08:28 AM

Howdy, and welcome! No recommendations on shoes tho, I just use tennies, probably not wise, but it's too hot most of the time here to do anything else.

Old 12-20-2005, 01:08 PM

When I was looking for gear, I wanted something that wasn't too flashy, but offered some decent protection, for a reasonable price. A buddy at work had "crash-tested" a pair of Alpinestars Ridge boots (twice) and both times he swore they saved his feet... So, I picked up a pair..

Don't forget to snag some of those cheap supermarket-brand gel-inserts, makes a huge difference in riding comfort.

Old 12-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: kwninja88

Howdy, and welcome! No recommendations on shoes tho, I just use tennies, probably not wise, but it's too hot most of the time here to do anything else.
It's never to hot. JMO

Old 12-20-2005, 07:40 PM

much thanx and appreciation for all of your guys opinions and feedback..... haven't been able to really search as of yet. i took a motorcylce course over the weekend, but i did it in 6" timberlands..... there bikes and mines are nothing alike so timbs didn't cut it for me when i got home. for now tho i'm just using my black reeboks..... they're plain and basic, comfortable and gives support around my ankles......

Quick Reply: Riding Shoes.....