Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   MAP for KF (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/map-kf-1426/)

Mr. Toad 10-31-2005 08:54 PM

MAP for KF

Ok, let me preface the thread by saying that since I figured that a lot of people wanted to post ride announcements and such that we could somehow create a map showing where everyone was and so on.

Kawasaki Forum Members MAP

What you want to do is click on the Add Yourself link on the right side of the page and enter the information required. Note that the Shoutout is a required field, just put in anything on there from your sig to anything. I'd highly suggest that people use their avatars as their images to keep it consistent with the site.

Don't worry about us being able to track where you live and so on, I input mine today and where it says that I live is off the grid where in fact I live close to the heart of Villa Rica but at least it gets the general area correct. You can zoom in and out, double-click to bring a certain part into the center focus and so on. Double-click and the + sign on the left of the map.

I hope this takes off, if not oh well, at least I tried, hehehe. [8D]

hefty 11-01-2005 12:54 AM

RE: MAP for KF

Thats pretty cool. Im signed up. Great idea!

MAD KAW 11-01-2005 01:02 AM

dude. thats pretty cool. that would help when we set up a KF ride for next season.... good job... right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KevyzToy 11-01-2005 01:08 AM

I think it's really cool. They did one over at the ZRXOA. At last check, they had about 260 or so people on it.

Mr. Toad 11-01-2005 01:19 AM

On the right side underneath members it shows a mini-view of people's "avatars" on the map site. Click on a name and it will pop up the info on that person as well as location so you don't have to keep clicking on the pins to find someone.

Also, you can click and drag on the map to move side to side, up and down or whatever. Go down to street level or Interstate level and do this as well.

KF's been pretty quiet this week. Wonder why?

Notstock 11-01-2005 03:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr. Toad

On the right side underneath members it shows a mini-view of people's "avatars" on the map site. Click on a name and it will pop up the info on that person as well as location so you don't have to keep clicking on the pins to find someone.

Also, you can click and drag on the map to move side to side, up and down or whatever. Go down to street level or Interstate level and do this as well.

KF's been pretty quiet this week. Wonder why?
Nice one toad.

I was thinking the same about it being quiet, hope all our friends on the east coast and canada do not hibernate with the winter weather lol

ZX12Rider 11-01-2005 03:46 PM

I'm not hibernating! Actually I got out on Sunday for an awesome ride, was a little cold but not too bad.

Woohoo!!! I'm on the map!

petezzr 11-01-2005 05:20 PM

I'm added, great idea!!
No hibernating here either, still commuting, but last week was a little chilly!! Wind chill over 100mph gets down there!!

Bluebeast 11-01-2005 08:05 PM

good idea maybe some of us can get to ride with other members in the areas where all from.

Patrick 11-01-2005 10:12 PM

great idea! [8D]