New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

KAwasakiZx6e

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 05:14 AM
Default KAwasakiZx6e

WElll.. just to say in a fiew words .. i love this forum...

In a previous tread i was the one who wanted to buy a ZX7 1996 but the insurance was asking way too much.. so i decided to get a small bike...

ok well i found myself a kawasaki zx6e 1996 with 60000 KM (37500 MIles) and it's in a superb shape the only i mean ONLY thing is that it slips out of second when you gun it out of first... I gave it a test ride and did not get any gear slip.. (i have heard that it is a know problem for zx6's) well anyways the girl is asking 2800 $ Can and i think it's a great deal. KNowing that the tires brakes chain and sproks are new... This is gonna be my first bike so i think it's a good deal.. OK guys i NEED your opinions on this.. should i wait till next summer to get one (cuz of winter in montreal it lastst 6 months ...) or get it no and work on it in winter..

hope to hear from you guys soon..

Steph

Old 09-13-2005, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: KAwasakiZx6e

get it now and work on it in the winter.... that way it will be ready for the riding season....

Old 09-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

I live east of you in New Brunswick. I bought my bike last December and drooled over it all winter! I also got a wicked deal on the bike compared to what I would have ended up paying for it if I had bought it in the spring (saved myself a few hundred bucks).

I'd get it now if you can. Glad you found something else, let us know how you make out!

Old 09-13-2005, 06:40 PM

Id say buy it now, and work on it over the winter if you need to. Plus from what I have seen, you will be able to get a used bike a lil cheaper towards the end or the riding season than you would if it were the begining. Just my opinion. Good luck and enjoy it, just dont go crazy staring at it all winter haha.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:28 AM

i have a 96 zx6e and it is a great bike little slow but great i ride it more than the other its very comfortable and so far very dependable. the only problem is the weak transmission. everyonce in a while it does slip out of second but i rag the crap out of it which explains why i have rebuilt the tranny twice and put a new motor in it also and it only has 30,000 on it. but if you treat it right it will do the same for you.