New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hi there, I am new to this forum....

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Default RE: Hi there, I am new to this forum....

hey speed, what happened at the other forum? everyone is asking why u got banned. whats up? nice ride by the way

Old 03-08-2006, 10:31 PM
1st Gear Member

NIce bike there welcome to the forum! .

Old 03-08-2006, 10:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Heya speed, nice score on the bike! Welcome to the forums bro. Hope you enjoy your stay here. By the way, you think that dude who sold it to you is looking to adopt?

Old 03-09-2006, 08:38 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the welcome fellas & ladies. I got too many requests for my headlight harness kits and -gary deemed it was commecial and banned me. I have been blocked from getting on the website for something as little as that. I think what pissed him of were all the people complaining about the ban. I thought that I was doing a pretty good job contributing to the forum and to the members. Oh well, his loss. The word is spreading about the ban and some of the members are joining this forum now. So Welcome from a NEWBIE!! We will rock this site!!

Old 03-09-2006, 11:08 AM

Hello speedracer138 im new here too. i just got through reading about your ban on the other forum. alot of people are mad. anyways welcome. the other guys are bragging about how much you know i hope its true. Maybe you can teach us all a little something.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:51 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments & confidence. I learned a lot by doing because I couldn't afford to have it done and also love working on the bikes, cars & planes. I like to fix them and make them better than they were. I also learned a lot from other members work and their ideas and am always looking to improve upon it if possible. Most of my experience is from working as a motorcycle mechanic since I was 15 and roadracing also. I am always looking for more performance without major work and modifications. This is my passion.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:04 AM

What's up everyone? I'm also new to this forum. I figured I'd follow Speedracer over to this forum before I get thrown outta the other one! I vented on the other forum about them tossin' my boy. I installed one of Speed's kits. Recommend it.

BTW, I think I'm diggin' this forum mo'.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1529/214BA0B4E051444DBBEB249302315705.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-10-2006, 04:04 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

welcome tribal, sweet bike. what kit are you making foir the headlights speed ? what site kicked you off ?

Old 03-10-2006, 07:09 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Okay, since you asked.... I was a loyal member of another kawiforums and was looking for info on having both of my headlights on in low beam all the time. There was som info out there but not very concise/ clear so I decided to do some more research and make my own. I came up with a 3 relay setup that allows you to have 2 low beams on all the time and 2 Hi beams when you need to also. I made a kit for my bike as a prototype and posted it. The kit worked great and everyone who read the post liked it ans some even wanted me to make them one. So, I started making one kit at a time; I bought an extra headlight harness and built one for a forum member and shipped it to him. Then the members would install my kit and return their harness for me to have another one ready for the next person. Well, I sold a little over a dozen and the moderator decided that my posts were commercial, but I could not advertise on his site because he wasn't taking any more customers/ advertisers, so without any warning, he banned me. One night I tried to log in and couldn't. I asked why and he said my posts were "deemed" commercial. I also posted a "How To" for the dual headlight kit, a 05 swingarm/ wheels/ brakes/ suspension swap for an 03 636, Corner running lights with blinkers, removal of the headlights and fairings of bith the 03-04 & the 05-06 and many other informative posts. If money was my intention, I would not have posted any of it. The headlight kits take me over 3 hours to make including the running lights. My time alone was worth twice what I charged for the kits. Oh, and everyone that got one loved it and complimented me on the work. I will post the same; actually improved posts of these soon. I am still trying to catch up where I left off. The members seem to be more caring here. I don't mean that they weren't over there; There were mostly awesome guys/ gals there, very helpful and knowledgeable! But a couple of them; They should have gotten CANNED! It's too bad buy their (-gary) loss is your gain and mine mutually.

Thanks for asking.

Old 03-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

wow ! you even contributed the idea in a how to...and still got the shaft. that sucks. thanks for explaining it all, hopefully your friends will come over here too and we can all share ideas and because i hate electrical, you can hook me up with a light kit, i was wondering this when i bought my bike. i had a yellow light on my zx7 and a clear and loved the look. but on the newer bikes you only get one beam on in low. like i said, i hate electrical stuff and would still like to make my 06 work like that.

Quick Reply: Hi there, I am new to this forum....