New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Help with financing.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 04:35 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Help with financing.

I just got approved at the dealership for the new 2006 KLX 250S. I have pretty good credit, but I was still surprised that I got the approval from Kawasaki. I heard that bike companies are pretty tough to get approved through. The interest rate changed this month from 4.99% to 5.99%. But even at that the payment is still going to be half of what I pay for deisel. LOL Oh and they are throwing in a new helmet too....sweet

deej

Old 11-02-2005, 07:15 PM

You can also try other lenders, I have 6.95% through First National Bank for my 05 636. If you can pay cash, I would simply do that, because the savings in insurance (liability only) will be well worth it. Going with the CD money market account is another great idea, I would however take it a step further. I would pay into the account what you would be paying in payment, before you buy the bike, if you do this you'll benefit greatly. As an example, what I have done, I pay $495 a month into a money market account, I get 5.5% return; every 4.65 yrs I can pay cash for a new car - up to $40,000 without depleting the funds entirely. If I continually do this I can have a new car every 5 yrs and when I retire still have over $100,000 in the bank. This is totally seperate from my IRA and other mutual funds; your retirement is he best investment you can make, starting earlier in life makes it much more enjoyable.

In your case, for a motorcycle, put in $150-200 and and maybe every 2 yrs, you'll get amazing benefits without ever needing to finance a car/bike again.

Just always make sure you are using your credit, i.e. Mortgage, credit cards (wisely) so that your score will not drop due to inactivity. I just simply do not believe in financing something that depreciates over the life of the loan; my current bike and truck are the last vehicles I'll ever finance.

Just an idea, it pays to go this route in more ways than one!

Old 11-02-2005, 08:51 PM
1st Gear Member

I got a 6.9% financing on my 06. I really don't like the $195 payments but I love the bike so I'll pay them lol. Plus I'm going to start making extra payments when my wife starts to bring home some money too. So that should help out. Should have it half way payed off by this summer.