New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello from Oregon

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 02:42 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Hello from Oregon

Hello from Oregon,

I am new to this forum but not to motorcycles. I am 62 years old and have been riding since I was about 14. Have had Yamaha, Honda, Hodaka, Suzuki, and Harley Davidson. Still have a 1993 Sporty. Pretty much gone full circle from small (Yamaha 80) to large (H-D Heritage Classic), and am now looking at a KLX250s. Found a 2012 for $4848.00 out the door. I think that is a pretty good deal? Any way my big bikes sat in the garage collecting dust so I sold one and want a small dual sport. Like to ride the back roads and mountains. I looked at the Honda CRF250l but keep coming back to the KLX. I told the dealer I wanted to think about it over the weekend and would probably see him on Tuesday. This looks like a place where I can pick up a lot of information. Glad to be part of it. Take care.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:04 PM
1st Gear Member

That sounds like a great price to me.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forum. Nice bike for riding the vast Oregon back roads. Where are you located in OR?

Old 09-16-2012, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the replies.

I live in South East Oregon (Milton Freewater). 15 minutes to the Blue Mountains. There is a lot of good riding from here to Idaho all on forest service roads or trails.

I have been going back and forth between the Kawasaki and a Honda. I called the dealer today and he put a tag on a Kawasaki KLX250s for me. Pick it up Tuesday morning. Am sure I will like it.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:59 AM

Howdy Doug,

I just pulled in the driveway with my new green and black KLX myself, A COSTCO deal.....

Old 09-16-2012, 03:26 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the new ride dougdoug and welcome to KF

Old 09-16-2012, 04:24 AM
1st Gear Member

I don't think you'll regret your decision at all. Very good price for you and the dealer should still be around later as well. For what you've stated, this bike will serve you better than you expected, IMO! I know I am happy as can be after 6mos. and 3300 miles of pleasure riding. Retired, don't commute, it's all just for f'n fun!

Old 09-16-2012, 07:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dougdoug
Thanks for the replies.

I live in South East Oregon (Milton Freewater). 15 minutes to the Blue Mountains. There is a lot of good riding from here to Idaho all on forest service roads or trails.

I have been going back and forth between the Kawasaki and a Honda. I called the dealer today and he put a tag on a Kawasaki KLX250s for me. Pick it up Tuesday morning. Am sure I will like it.
Nice country there. We did an annual ADV dual sport gathering at Enterprise in June this year. The riders and local community were very welcoming. Enjoy the KLX!

Old 09-17-2012, 12:37 PM

I purchased my KLX 250S Saturday afternoon. Sunday afternoon I had 184 miles on it.

I'm breaking the motor in so the revs were kept in check but, that did not stop me from taking on some fire roads. I was always a street rider before so these are my first attempts at dirt riding. The bike makes it easy. I had a great time! Very impressed with the thing.

I was interested in the Honda too but, they will not have that till November or beyond. Looks like a good bike with fuel injection and all. From the specs I think the KLX is more what I needed and I'm a happy camper.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:13 PM
1st Gear Member

I hear you on the Honda. I know the fuel injection would be easier to adjust/program with new mods. but I will probably stay stock any way. I don't think you could go wrong with either but I just like the looks of the Kawasaki.

Heading to Clarkston Washington in the moring to pick it up.

Enjoy.

Quick Reply: Hello from Oregon