New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello from Johannesburg

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
I'm guessing the excitement is nearly unbearable!
You'd be right! Couldn't bloody wait!

Got her this afternoon round 2pm after going to the dealership at noon and signing all the paper work. These guys really looked after me. They discounted me on the road fees by around 40% and delivered it for free. Nice guys.

Now, as you know I'm quite a noob. I must admit I was a bit overwhelmed at first because it's not a small bike. It's compact and low to the ground but it's got weight. However after a roll around my complex parking lot I gave it a go around the neighborhood and found the ride quite natural. Natural but POWER. That Arrow exhaust sounds so sweet, like something's unleashed beneath me.

The countersteering thing also presented itself as something I need to learn properly. You just can't steer into a corner going anything over 20mph. It just feels like you're going fall over. But I finally got it right and I think I've got my head around it now so I gotta practice.

Otherwise, wow. LOTS of power. I didn't dare open up the throttle. Even in second gear if you give it some horns you're gonna end up in a wheelie. Either way, SO MUCH FUN. I'm so happy with my purchase and I'm sure I'll get years of joy out of it. Took some pics now so I've attached them.

Cheers!

Greg

Attached Thumbnails Hello from Johannesburg-image-2-.jpg   Hello from Johannesburg-image-1-.jpg   Hello from Johannesburg-image.jpg  
Old 09-13-2014, 10:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Greg,
She's a beaut! I like the color. Counter steering will come to be second nature after some time behind the bars.