New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

New to KF. Just join Team Green with a sexy zx-7R

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 05:31 AM
Tai
Default New to KF. Just join Team Green with a sexy zx-7R

Well..I've always like the ZX-7 and said if I had the chance to add it to my stable that I would. Low and behold my buddy told me he was thinking of selling it and I guessed he wanted to keep it in the family so to speak. Gave me a deal I couldn't resist with only a shake of the hand and there I was the owner. Here I am with a 1999 Zx-7R(one R or two RR and how would I even find out??) only 4,772 miles on the OD. Of which I put 600 miles on it years ago with the first owner..another good buddy of mine as well. Here I am joining Team Green and KF for the first time with the right steed. She is almost perfect with all the original goodies plus a couple of items I had installed years ago. Otherwise, she sat in the garage for quite some time in original condition including her tires. She really doesn't like to turn left at the moment so new pair of shoes will have to be install but then rain is around the corner so no rush yet. Of course the carbs need to be clean/rebuilt and synch because she will only idle with the choke pulled out. Tried the air screw/idle screw on the left side...nada. Running some carb/injector cleaner in it right now recommended by my buddy Ken which improved it a bit but not what she should be. Hopefully , get her on track to stretch her legs out a bit. Haven't seen any zx7 on track for quite sometime nowadays.

I have a couple of long term goals for what I want to do.She's a keeper so I'm more interested in finding out information such as if the front end with Radial mount brakes of the zx10R would fit or better yet drop right in. Penske or Ohlins rear along with a Brembo master, Axxi/EBC/Brembo rotors, steel lines, aftermarket rims powercoat in white or of course green and VOILA perfection!!! Ok..maybe even a sticker kit for Chandler or Eboz since that was who I was watching at LS years ago. Hey..they don't call them Replicas for nothing right??

Or Plan 2? For now..she will stay OEM.. send her shocks/forks out to Dan the Man Kyle in Sand City to keep looking original. In the long term I think that would be the best. Since I've fallen for her years ago and liked so many other loverstruck idiot? I don't want to change her looks too much.

So thank you in advance for any informtion on parts that are swapable/interchangeable for this model.

Finally after all these years she has come home to me. One more, checked off the list of bikes I must own/have in the garage. Some of my regrets? Selling a perfect Blue NT650 with 15k original miles..still kicking my butt for that one but she went to a good home.

Tai

Old 10-09-2007, 05:35 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New to KF. Just join Team Green with a sexy zx-7R

Welcome to the forums!!! Post some pics...

Old 10-09-2007, 06:13 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums. I went with plan #2 on my 7. Getting the ride setup for you first, then go from there.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF. I'd get it set up the way you want it, and then see what you want to do about the paint. Congratulations on the ride. Post some pics up when you get a chance.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:25 PM
1st Gear Member

welcome to kf

Old 10-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF

Old 10-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

You simply cannot go wrong with a ZX7. I love those bikes, even tho they're a little dated and porky. I'd rather have a 7 than much of the new stuff; just alot more character and so well-sorted. Congrats on the ride! I'd vote for option 2.
BTW, welcome to KF!

Old 10-09-2007, 02:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF, we need pics!

Old 10-10-2007, 03:28 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

hi tai welcome to the forums

Old 10-10-2007, 08:09 AM
1st Gear Member