New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Clunking Noise when decelerating and accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 02:54 AM
Default RE: Clunking Noise when decelerating and accelerating

woah woah woah. first of all...

i have no idea where junk passes through the swing arm or the axel or none of that..

im probly just gonna have to take it in somewhere to have a guy look at it.. i called a guy at a shop here in Bryan, TX. At Texas A&M Univ. There's a shop off campus where i took it to get a new back tire back a little while ago. I called him and he said that he wouldnt be able to tell over the phone, because it could be a number of things.

And since I have such little experience with Bikes, practically none. Then I think I should just have him tell me whats wrong with it, and hopefully it'll be something that I can fix with a little help from KF, but if not, then that sucks for my pocket book. But I'll let you guys know whats going down, just for future reference. and we'll see what happens.

Thanks Again!

Old 02-28-2008, 03:34 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Clunking Noise when decelerating and accelerating

slow down chief, you got this one.

everything in the red circle is what you need to deal with in adjusting the chain.

the purple arrow is the axle block, look ontop of it and you will see some adjustment marks on the swing arm and you cant really see it but there is a mark on the axle block.

the yellow arrow points to the bolt that keeps the axle block in line.

reread my post and try it before you spend money at a shop. 60 to 75 bucks an hour is steep for something you can do in 15 minutes. were here to help too