Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   BIKE WAS STOLEN SO I NEED LOTS OF HELP!!! (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/bike-stolen-so-i-need-lots-help-22052/)

chrismlee12 06-04-2008 06:31 PM

BIKE WAS STOLEN SO I NEED LOTS OF HELP!!!

Hey everyone!!! I have a 2007 ZZR600 that was stolen but recovered and now needs lots of work. I have posted in the tech and detailing parts so check me out there and give me all the help you can! God knows I need it!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/9658/E98D2353FA2A43A2BD93894AED5545CE.jpg[/IMG]

JRock420 06-04-2008 06:37 PM

RE: BIKE WAS STOLEN SO I NEED LOTS OF HELP!!!

oh man that sux sorry to hear about that,, least ya got it back around here ya never get it back

chrismlee12 06-04-2008 06:41 PM

i got lucky... i wasnt expecting it back. the guy stole another bike and got caught, thats how they found mine!

JRock420 06-04-2008 06:49 PM

yeah that is luck,, my homie had his yfz450 stolen right, ok check this out. We knew who did it ok so there was no evidence. The cops went and questioned them of course they didnt see nothing so they couldnt serch or do anything. We went out one night with some green lens flashlights and face paint and **** lmao it was fun anyway. there it was about 1 am his frame with his serial numbers. ok we took pictures and went back to the police. They went agian seen the frame matched the numbers. the guys said well i bought that yesterday, Cops:"theres nothing we can do he bought this thing yesterday" WTF is wrong with that. Its the same people we told the cops that stole it, DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY my town blows man. Even the cops are all in on the Meth problem. anyway i know you dont want to hear all my **** but my point is is that your really lucky,, Congrats. Oh and Welcome to KF doggy!!!

chrismlee12 06-04-2008 07:04 PM

thats kinda how mine was. he had my bike apart for painting but told the cops it was a friends bike and he was doing it for him. But of course they cant find this friend cause he DOESNT EXIST!

JRock420 06-04-2008 07:38 PM

lol yeah man thats just how it goes they dont car about stolen recreational vehichles

EMS_0525 06-04-2008 08:48 PM

wow that sucks man... brand new almost... i might have not wanted it back as long as ins was all covered and stuff... do you have all the parts? good luck man

jeffzx9 06-04-2008 10:49 PM

Sorry to hear about your bike being stolen.&nbsp\\; The restoration process may be slower than you'd like, but you'll find satisfaction in resurrecting your ride\\; I promise.&nbsp\\; Look on e-bay, websites, local/area salvage yards, and post a want or two in your area newspapers for parts.&nbsp\\; you might be surprised what you find.&nbsp\\; If you love that particular bike (and some of us develop totally irrational feelings for a certain make/style...) then stick with it.&nbsp\\; Sometimes we appreciate&nbsp\\;things even more&nbsp\\;when we get a second chance with them.
On the other hand, if it was "just a ride" and you really didn't have any silly attachment to it, part it out and make some money to buy a fresh one.&nbsp\\;If you do decide to restore it, though, there should be a fair number of parts available simply because it's newer.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;
Good luck!!&nbsp\\;

jeffzx9 06-04-2008 10:50 PM

(What the heck is up with all of the double backslashes in my post???)

NMbottlecap 06-04-2008 10:51 PM

That's just [puts hand over mouth says several bad words] up.