WA-Where did you buy and what did you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Default WA-Where did you buy and what did you pay?

I'm considering the purchase of a KLX 250, I'm in Auburn Washington. I visited my local Kawasaki dealer and wasn't impressed with the customer service or their price.

So my question is: where did you buy your bike and how was the service at the time of purchase as well as the service after you purchased your bike. Also what was the out the door price that you paid?

Thanks,

MATT

Old 11-05-2006, 02:54 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: WA-Where did you buy and what did you pay?

I bought mine in Delaware but I live in MD so I paid sales tax of 5% when I tagged it.... I do beleave the price I paid was $4,355.00 plus a $60 dealer fee and that was it and the service sucks in most dealers once you buy something they forget you [:@] If it sucks before you buy I would go somewhere else.

Ride On

Old 11-05-2006, 05:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Gervasi's- Everett Motor Sports 5000 OTD

Old 11-05-2006, 05:48 PM

Mesa Arizona , 4800 out the door and a free helmut & t shirt and they loaded it in my truck

Old 11-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

P.A. Power in Port Angeles WA. It might be a drive for you, but these guys are the best in my opinion. But it also might be because I bought a lot of stuff from them for work, and two bikes in 6 months. They actually squeezed me in on a Saturday to tear apart my motor and order the new camshaft. That's unheard of dropping off a bike, and they diagnose it and get parts ordered the same day. Hope you work out a deal, then Tony and Scatt will have another rider in the area. You could buy my bike, with all the mods for oh lets say $7900.00? Hmmm that's just a coincidence that the new KTM is that much, I swear.

http://www.papowerequipment.com/new_...sc=Motorcycles

Old 11-05-2006, 07:18 PM

I bought mine in Spokane at Westside Motorsports and I paid $5,000 OTD. I did not purchase the extended warrentee and Westside did not offer any discounts or "free" merchandise. I love my bike, just find a good price and buy the sucker.

All of us WA and OR riders are going to have meet up for a ride. Maybe Lake Wenatchee area next summer. Maybe we could all go over and show Deej how to get dirty

Old 11-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

How you gonna show me how to get dirty in Eastern Washington, all they have is sand there right? Guys? Hello is this thing on?

Old 11-05-2006, 07:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Fun Center in Durango, CO. $ 4507.02 out the door plus 15% off all merchandise (first purchase). I have not had to get service work done yet but they seem like a good bunch of people. I have been back in several times for bling.
Good luck and just remember this time of year dealers are eager to get rid of inventory, wll maybe not so true in southern states where it is getting to be prime riding conditions.
Remember; don't get too impulsive. I called around and just told the dealers that this is what I was just quoted at XYZ dealer and the response was, "We'll beat it". Original price was $ 4799.00 plus dealer prep and whatever else they can get you for. So after 4 or 5 calls the price came to $ 4200.00 plus Dealer add ons for the grand total of $ 4507.02

Hope this helps get you a good deal and in the saddle of a KLX250s.

Matt

Old 11-05-2006, 08:54 PM

Great, thanks for the responses.

Kent Kawasaki, which is 5 minutes from my house and the first $tealership I stopped at wanted $5819 OTD and wasn't willing to negotiate. I'll be making some phone calls starting tomorrow.

Seems like WA state is well represented here.

MATT

Old 11-05-2006, 10:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Well, you have RMC in Renton (they don't do test rides), Puyallup Motorsports (now on River Road-not on South Hill any longer), you might call Lake City Honda/Kawasaki.Thtas where I bought my KLR650 from, and they didn't charge me any freight or setup fees.
Jon in Puyallup (but not a KLX250 owner).

Quick Reply: WA-Where did you buy and what did you pay?