Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   Video: jumpin the 250 (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/video-jumpin-250-a-27932/)

09'Kawi250s 04-23-2009 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nobrakes (Post 368054)
Nice! Sounds like it bottomed pretty hard. Try turning the compression adjustment clicker all the way in on the rear shock, might keep it from bottoming.

cool thanks man! ill try that. will it make the bike sit higher though? Right when i got on my bike to hit this table top the first time, i scooted forward a little bit and stalled the bike and fell over :D I was off to a bad start

deej 04-23-2009 05:26 PM

No it won't sit higher. It will just slow down the compression...actually stiffens it.

Nobrakes 04-23-2009 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by deej (Post 368094)
No it won't sit higher. It will just slow down the compression...actually stiffens it.

Right. That screw is attached to a tapered needle that goes into a hole that allows oil flow between the chambers. Screwing it in makes the hole effectively smaller allowing less oil to flow and hence slows down compression. Opening it up allows more oil to flow for the opposite affect.

The rebound screw on the bottom does the same thing, but affects the "rebound" portion of the stroke instead. The compression screw is on the top, rebound on the bottom.

09'Kawi250s 04-23-2009 06:57 PM

cool! thanks guys. i appreciate the help. I will check it out when i get home tonight

masonskr 04-27-2010 05:08 AM

A huge +1 on the Enzo suspension. I had Craig in the MN office valve it properly, (I had already replaced the springs) and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! This is starting to be a very serious trail bike. I dragged a heavily mod'd WR250 today and was only a bike length behind which we both account to the taller gearing I'm running. The power is being put to the ground now. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! www.enzoracing.com

canklx 04-27-2010 02:41 PM

That's quite the FIRST jump. I don't think I'll be trying that big of a jump. Looked good though.

CousinLarry 04-27-2010 02:48 PM

The key to not bottoming out your suspension on these bigger table tops is to go faster and land on the downslope! hahahaa

There's one table top in town that's very fun to jump.. Gotta hit it in the middle of 3rd gear to clear it just perfectly.

punkenduro09 04-27-2010 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by tremor38 (Post 368025)
Not to be a smartass or state the obvious, but you already had 'KYB' springs and internals on the stock bike. Did you go with higher spring rates? What 'internals' do you speak of? The stock 'KYB' valves and pistons or with brand spanking new 'KYB' O-rings? :D:D

enzo specializes in kyb, so thats the parts they carry. i just listen to a podcast interviewing the owner, definally taking my stuff to then when i have everything rebuildt at some point.