Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   Tusk D-Flex handguards (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/tusk-d-flex-handguards-9661/)

EMS_0525 02-13-2007 03:28 PM

RE: Tusk D-Flex handguards

1 Attachment(s)
MOOSE Racing!!!!!

Attachment 32628

cwgoff 02-13-2007 03:37 PM

I have Moose guards, but if I had known about the Tusk when I got mine, I probably would have saved a few bucks and gone with the D-Flex.

The only thing I don't like about the Tusk versus the Moose guards is that the Tusk ones have the words D-Flex written in fairly big letters on them, I think. I generally don't like logos & stickers and such on my bike. Definitely just a personal opinion regarding aesthetics, though. Even with that I probably would have bought them if I had known about them at the time.

JB1 02-13-2007 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: DirtSurfer

I ended up tapping the weights in my handlbars to fit the 8mm screws that came with it. Made for a real solid fit...

Tapping the weights?

DirtSurfer 02-13-2007 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: JB1

I ended up tapping the weights in my handlbars to fit the 8mm screws that came with it. Made for a real solid fit...

Tapping the weights?
Yep, About 15 min on each side with a tap and some cutting oil. The 8 MM bolt fits right in nice and snug.....

mmatz 02-14-2007 09:09 AM

ORIGINAL: poodlenuts

I think I may like those ones better;),thanks for the link:D

Well, now I am thinking that those Tusk D-Flex without the spoilers are looking pretty good @ $54.99.

mmatz 02-14-2007 09:24 AM

Tapping the weights?
Yep, About 15 min on each side with a tap and some cutting oil. The 8 MM bolt fits right in nice and snug.....

Did you just tap the existing slug in the stock bar end, (thatsome have drilled out), and not have to use the after market bar end inserts?

jsac 02-14-2007 12:54 PM

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

MOOSE Racing!!!!!

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...dlebars001.jpg

ems, does your front brake line have any wear from rubbin on the inside of your clutch side brushguard mount? ive been doin alot of thinkin about the way mine is and its gnawin on my butt :p
(if ya remember the pics, i had that pointed the rub points out on my acerbis brushguards)

DirtSurfer 02-14-2007 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: mmatz

Tapping the weights?

Did you just tap the existing slug in the stock bar end, (thatsome have drilled out), and not have to use the after market bar end inserts?
Tapped directly into the existing slug in the end of the stock bar, (after predrilling out a bit using the 8mm sized pilot hole drill bit included in the tap and dye kit for the 8mm tap)

mmatz 02-15-2007 05:20 AM

DirtSurfer,
So stock bars with Tusk D-Flex hand guards and no cables rubbing or binding?

DirtSurfer 02-15-2007 05:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: mmatz

DirtSurfer,
So stock bars with Tusk D-Flex hand guards and no cables rubbing or binding?
Correct...
Attachment 32617

The only thing I changed out was that Iwent with shorter 8mm bolts since I didn't have to use the expander mechanism that comes with the handlebar inserts.1.5 inches into the slug was ample holding power since the slug (weight) is welded in to the bars so well...