Turbo MoTard

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 09:09 PM
1st Gear Member

I guess as usual I gotta be the spoil sport. While the physical aspect of this is awesome, I gotta question the background info in the video............ what the hell is this guy doing running up the wrong side of the road when there are tuns nearby on a road in a wooded area?...and running wheelies no less.

First time I saw a group of dualsporters was here about two weeks ago. All of the sudden 4 or 5 of them roll up beside me...a few KLX's and a few DRZ's and all with extremely loud obnoxious exhausts right in the middle of town riding wheelies while passing cars, switching lanes back and forth at random with no signals, flying through red lights (ones that just turned from yellow), trying to get through them before the opposing lanes turned green.

Honestly, I'm still a young man by definition I guess and even I thought this was irresponsible, immature, and just plain stupid. I never did anything like this. That ruins things for everyone. Alot like all these recent shootings lately ruing it for gun owners. Use to be that crap was illegal gun owners, now, legal guns from owners with CC permits are doing this ****.....

Anyway, I just wanted to pull a "Hank Hill" and rip these kid off their bikes by the neck and start booting each one of their asses. I was actually hoping a cop would on the road and bust them all. Was just soooooooo stupid.

Sorry for the rant, just extremely stupid stuff like that pisses me off. Like I saw a video on youtube or something where guys shot their buddy with a bullet proof vest on. The bullet stopped of course but indentation of the bullet in the kevlar still pierced the guys skin. What if the bullet went through? What if the guy missed and shot or even killed him? How freakin stupid do you have to be? Common sense is free. Makes me almost lose faith in people anymore. An opposing car could of plastered this guy. Like what almost happened to me with some spoiled little rich girl who could barely see over the wheel in a Jeep grand Cherokee was trying to pass someone who was already going fast enough on a road and she couldn't pass them while I was coming the other way. I almost got plowed, I had to cut off the road in the berm up on the bank.

Last edited by JasonFMX; 04-08-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Watch the video again you will notice this is a new road with no traffic. The road is not even open yet. That is why there are no buildings or traffic. And also why there is dirt patches every now and than. It is not like he was in the middle of downtown weaving through traffic. I agree that some people are dumb on bikes but this was a bad video to judge on.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:37 PM
1st Gear Member

I have to agree that some people are dumb when they are on there bikes and it does ruin it for the ones that ride safe...know matter what sport,past time you have there are always going to be the one that spoil it for the rest of us...... And you also have those people that jump to conclusions before they know the facts that ruin it for us to...Now back on topic...75vette whens your buddy goin to make us a turbo?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:42 PM
1st Gear Member

LOL, I don't know next time I see him I was going to throw the Idea at him I just had a friend send me the youtube video so I thought I would share it with you guys and see if anyone was even intrested.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 75vette
Put it this way in Hp it added our stock bike. And I don't think he has thought about doing it for other bikes yet. That is why I was seeing if there was enough people that would want it before I pitched it at him. He is working on making a Kit for the WR to sell but I would have to show him it would be worth it for the KLX too.

my bad I missed the most important word in that question....... How much weight did it add to the bike? Was how it ws supposed to read.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 75vette
LOL, I don't know next time I see him I was going to throw the Idea at him I just had a friend send me the youtube video so I thought I would share it with you guys and see if anyone was even intrested.

I think the latest update was that he was having problems with the turbine bearings failing way too quickly. I also remember more than one person on the forum at TT asking him about how he was supplying oil to the turbine and at what pressure...a suggestion to add a blow-off valve to protect against surging was also mentioned, but he would never answer those questions.

Until he can come-up with answers, I wouldn't even think about comitting hard earned $$ for a flash-in-the-pan performance mod. When people talk about a 'reasonably priced' turbo' system you're still talking about $2500.00 minimum.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudhore
And you also have those people that jump to conclusions before they know the facts that ruin it for us to.
I assume this was directed at me...and I don't think I jumped to any conclusions...I mean, I saw a rural, paved, double lined road, its quite common for something like that to not be bussling with traffic. I mean, how am I to know that? Its not like there was a text message on a screen saying "this was performed on a closed road" or anything.

So in closing, my apologies, I'm glad this was performed safely and his invention is really cool and wish him much success. I have some faith restored to the human race again. Its a good day

Last edited by JasonFMX; 04-09-2009 at 12:37 AM.