Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   Trakmaster Knobby coming off? (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/trakmaster-knobby-coming-off-21617/)

FM_Thumper 05-15-2008 01:57 AM

Trakmaster Knobby coming off?

I noticed today that between where the center knobby tread meets the outer knobby tread, there are some cuts or tear that look like small slits. It is not on every single one but on about half of them. Has anyone ever heard of this? [&:]

bryantjt 05-15-2008 02:27 AM

RE: Trakmaster Knobby coming off?

Jsac has shredded some lugs off on his TM's, long skinny knobs will shear off when ridden aggresively.

klx250s_rider 05-15-2008 02:40 AM

I had a set on my old KLR650 - they were cheap, easily got sliced up on the sharp crystal granite we have here in the desert and totally sucked on pavement - the knobs flexed and wiggled way too much in the corners. I retired them early and have been riding on Dunlops ever since!

Finger Mullet 05-15-2008 02:46 AM

I'm on my 5th TMII rear....never had a problem...but we don't have a lot of sharp rocks in Florida...just sugar sand and lots of pavement.

jsac 05-15-2008 02:47 AM

ORIGINAL: FM_Thumper

I noticed today that between where the center knobby tread meets the outer knobby tread, there are some cuts or tear that look like small slits. It is not on every single one but on about half of them. Has anyone ever heard of this? [&:]
try a set of D606's next.. mine are holding up very well compared to the TK's with minor difference in traction performance (of course thats my opinion).

klx250s_rider 05-15-2008 03:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

I'm on my 5th TMII rear....never had a problem...but we don't have a lot of sharp rocks in Florida...just sugar sand and lots of pavement.
I bet our pavement gets hotter than your pavement - LOL!

jsac 05-15-2008 03:48 AM

terrain here is made up of a large quantity of coal/shale... tears tires to shreds. TK's seem to be made more for soft terrain. Last set(s) I ran up here got shredded fast, the D606's seem better suited for this type of terrain.

Finger Mullet 05-15-2008 04:55 AM

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

Yup, that's one of the good things about Flatistan......warm winter and not so hot summers....shoot I bet EMS in Pittsburgh will see higher summer temps at some point this summer than me......but it is always hot down here....lol....but not like where you are at.

Ever cook an egg on a rock in a pinch. ;)

FM_Thumper 05-15-2008 08:25 AM

Thanks guys. I'll look at something different than a Kenda to replace the tire when I go to the dealer. I don't even know how long it has been like that. Is it safe to continue to ride like this or should I get new tires right away?

WestOzKLX 05-15-2008 10:01 PM

No! I bet OUR pavement gets hotter than your pavement. LOL[8D]

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider