Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   STAINTUNE PIPE INSTALL! pics and vid (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/staintune-pipe-install-pics-vid-27900/)

8cuttlefish8 04-21-2009 09:34 AM

STAINTUNE PIPE INSTALL! pics and vid

5 Attachment(s)
Just got a new staintune pipe delivered. The manufacturer says no jetting change is needed, but what do u guys think? (watch the vid).

Stock pipe:

Attachment 21189

Shiny new pipe (SHINY!):

Attachment 21190

Pipe comparison, plus the high temperature silicone i used on the seal:

Attachment 21191

Staintune pipe is on:

Attachment 21192

Close up:

Attachment 21193

To hear and see this pipe watch my vid on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VFhF...e=channel_page

All together i am really happy with the result in sound and in looks. And the quality workmanship on the pipe is amazing.

peachy 04-21-2009 10:44 AM

Looks and sounds really good Cuttle.
Would be interested to know how much you think it adds to performance?
I am also in the market for an exhaust at the moment. What made you decide on Staintune over TK or Roosta?
Enjoy.

8cuttlefish8 04-21-2009 11:01 AM

Yes i have definitely noticed a small increase in performance. Nothing dramatic, but a small increase. I chose the staintune because i knew is was a quality product, as i have seen them on other bikes, and they are built to last.

Also these pipes are made in Australia, and as a fellow aussie im sure u know local industry needs as much help as it can get at the moment.

This pipe is quite loud, not as loud as some of the others, but it comes with compliance plates, so the cops can't give me a hard time about all the noise.

jsac 04-21-2009 11:56 AM

the stock pipe diameter is similar to that of a soda straw. is the staintune's? if it isnt a rejet is needed.. i cant believe these people that sell aftermarket pipes for a bike as lean as ours is and claim "no rejet needed"

deej 04-21-2009 02:43 PM

Awesome job man, and I love the videos. There is something about the way you guys sound, I just love the Australian accent......in a non broke back way of course. Nice job there mate. :)

Xplosivo1 04-21-2009 07:07 PM

Looks and sounds great, how did that exhaust sealer work out for ya?

Originally Posted by deej (Post 367708)
...in a non broke back way of course.

I'm glad you clarified that. :)

WestOzKLX 04-22-2009 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by jsac (Post 367684)
the stock pipe diameter is similar to that of a soda straw. is the staintune's? if it isnt a rejet is needed.. i cant believe these people that sell aftermarket pipes for a bike as lean as ours is and claim "no rejet needed"

The Aus bike has a #132 main jet not the #118 you get in the USA. NO rejet needed. :D The guys at Staintune know what they're talking about with the KLX. They developed the pipes for Kevin Doyles racing team. His bikes all KLX 250's put out nearly 40 rear wheel HP. No big bores, just 250cc.

jsac 04-22-2009 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by WestOzKLX (Post 367788)
The Aus bike has a #132 main jet not the #118 you get in the USA. NO rejet needed. :D The guys at Staintune know what they're talking about with the KLX. They developed the pipes for Kevin Doyles racing team. His bikes all KLX 250's put out nearly 40 rear wheel HP. No big bores, just 250cc.

if it doesnt need a rejet then the staintune must flow as little air as the stock pipe then. changing air flow into or out of the engine requires a rejet. i find it hard to believe that your new pipe flows the same as stock.

KLXPRESS 04-22-2009 01:24 AM

Sounds great and imo the best lookin pipe out there! I WANT ONE!!!
Loud pipes saves lives!!

gerrynolan 04-22-2009 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by jsac (Post 367792)
if it doesnt need a rejet then the staintune must flow as little air as the stock pipe then. changing air flow into or out of the engine requires a rejet. i find it hard to believe that your new pipe flows the same as stock.

They already have 132's in them. most rejets end up with a 128 or so here in the states so what, prey tell, would you rejet too?? I wish we had as good of a deal on a pipe as the Staintune. To me it's the finest looking pipe on the market. Very nice pipes indeed.