Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   slip on pipe mystery (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/slip-pipe-mystery-8699/)

dbdanny 12-19-2006 02:44 AM

slip on pipe mystery

Hello again,
I was looking on Ebay today and noticed some 4 stroke pipes.

My question is ,,if you really look closely into the whole 4 stroke pipe thing ,, is there much difference between most 4 stroke pipes on the market or is it just something pipe manufactures want us to believe .( other than tone)

for example ,, if you get a pipe for a KLX250 that fits perfect or you get a pipe for a XR400 orany other similar 4 stroke ,,,if you have fabrication skills and are able to mod the pipe to fit .

Jet the bike
would you be able make it work. would you be able to get more performance ???

just a question????

EMS_0525 12-19-2006 12:47 PM

RE: slip on pipe mystery

I would bewilling to be that they are pretty much almost all the same, maybe different materials, different packing, different core's inside the muffler, but if you could get one really cheap and were good at fabrication im sure it wouldnt be any big issue to make something work, someone did that one here with a pro circuit pipe, i believe...

Kawi Wawi 12-19-2006 08:42 PM

Personally, I don't think a lot of true "R&D" goes into exhaust design for motorcycles...
They probably look at the stock system, find some tubing that's just a bit bigger, bend it to make it fit, slap on one of the standard sized mufflers, and bob's yer uncle. Custom exhaust systems 101.

YYY.GUY 12-20-2006 12:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Kawi Wawi

Personally, I don't think a lot of true "R&D" goes into exhaust design for motorcycles...
They probably look at the stock system, find some tubing that's just a bit bigger, bend it to make it fit, slap on one of the standard sized mufflers, and bob's yer uncle. Custom exhaust systems 101.

You forgot one thing - slap some cheesy Customer Service department together and you've got yourself a "performance exhaust systems" company!!!

MaverickAus 12-20-2006 01:29 AM

So your leaving Big Gun outta this YYY.GUY:D

deej 12-20-2006 01:45 AM

What's worse: A really good pipe but the worst experience with customer support, almost putting you into the hospital from all the stress? Or an average pipe with the best customer service ever? Hmmmm? I would take the second one in a heart beat. Of course I didn't really have to deal with the pipe, as I let the dealership "deal" with getting the pipe, which by the way only took 2 weeks. :D

EMS_0525 12-20-2006 12:44 PM

Well i had my big gun in a week.. another proven fact that big gun is better..... :D j/k.. but i did get it in a week.

YYY.GUY 12-20-2006 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Well i had my big gun in a week.. another proven fact that big gun is better..... :D j/k.. but i did get it in a week.
Same here ... no, wait asec ...correction: I got a Big Gun in a week ... it took about3 months to get the rightBig Gun. :Dj/k NOT !

But Eric is right that Big Gun is better. (Better than what is still up for debate, however.;))