Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   Problem Installing TM33 Carb On FI KLX250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/problem-installing-tm33-carb-fi-klx250s-41523/)

ol'klx-er 02-13-2014 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by janov7613 (Post 506344)
Im starting to regret getting this bike now with the problems im facing, first i got a leak on the rear shocks and now this....

You're just having a bit of rough start.

Once the you've got it all sorted out you'll be grinning from ear to ear as you're ripping around.

janov7613 02-13-2014 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er (Post 506348)
You're just having a bit of rough start.

Once the you've got it all sorted out you'll be grinning from ear to ear as you're ripping around.

yeah, thanks for the encouragement. i was just so looking forward to riding the bike after the big bore installation but now it is delayed and i still cant find a solution to the problem. i really hope someone can help me find a solution. is it possible that maybe Bill forgot to bore the carb to 34mm and now im facing this problem? When i ordered the parts from him, the order got delayed because he run out of TM33 and had to get a new one, he rushed out the order when he got it. i emailed him but havent got a reply from him yet.

wildcard 02-14-2014 03:20 AM

bill bores the inside of the carb, the air box and intake mount on the outside of the carb. sounds to me that the airbox boot and intake boots are different sizes for the EFI bikes and hence the need for an adapter.u

janov7613 02-14-2014 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by wildcard (Post 506369)
bill bores the inside of the carb, the air box and intake mount on the outside of the carb. sounds to me that the airbox boot and intake boots are different sizes for the EFI bikes and hence the need for an adapter.u

Thanks for your comments wildcard, the carb fits the air box but have problem fitting the cylinder head. anyone know how to find the part number for the adapter/holder that holds the carb at the cylinder head for the carb models? maybe if i can order that, then it might fit.

GBAUTO 02-14-2014 04:01 AM

The OE p/n for the flange is 16065-1283, clamp-92037-1304 and you may need the o-ring that seals it to the head(can't tell if the FI bikes use the same part)- P/N is 92055-1255 https://www.kawasakiepc.com/SystemSe...TOKEN=45204713 It's listed with the cylinder head

GBAUTO 02-14-2014 04:59 AM

After some searching I found a parts diagram for the F/I KLX and the O-ring is the same but the flange and clamp are different p/n compared to the carb'd bikes. The boot from the air cleaner is the same for both models. So the p/n listed above are what you need to make it work.

janov7613 02-14-2014 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by GBAUTO (Post 506378)
The OE p/n for the flange is 16065-1283, clamp-92037-1304 and you may need the o-ring that seals it to the head(can't tell if the FI bikes use the same part)- P/N is 92055-1255 https://www.kawasakiepc.com/SystemSe...TOKEN=45204713 It's listed with the cylinder head

Thanks a lot for your feedback, my search for a solution actually led me to the 16065-XXXX carb holder and you just gave the the last 4 digits which the carb version uses!! If people have installed the Mikuni TM33 on their carb version without any problems, i guess these part numbers you mentioned could be the solution. I will try to search for more details. Thanks again ;)

janov7613 02-14-2014 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by GBAUTO (Post 506382)
After some searching I found a parts diagram for the F/I KLX and the O-ring is the same but the flange and clamp are different p/n compared to the carb'd bikes. The boot from the air cleaner is the same for both models. So the p/n listed above are what you need to make it work.

Wow thanks a lot GBAUTO, you're a real life saver!! by the way, how did you manage to find the part number, do you have the workshop manual? i need to get a copy of that for future reference. or does the service manual have those part number?

GBAUTO 02-14-2014 05:32 AM

The link I posted above connects you to the US Kawasaki corporate site. If you click onthe owner info tab on the lower l/h side of the screen it will open up an online parts fiche that you can find oe p/n's. I found the p/n for the FI version on Kawasaki-Thailand corporate site(google translate is interesting, no?) There is a copy of the service manual for 09+ carb'd KLX sticky'd at the top of this forum list-it will help you sort out most things(except ignition 'security resistors'...)

janov7613 02-14-2014 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by GBAUTO (Post 506385)
The link I posted above connects you to the US Kawasaki corporate site. If you click onthe owner info tab on the lower l/h side of the screen it will open up an online parts fiche that you can find oe p/n's. I found the p/n for the FI version on Kawasaki-Thailand corporate site(google translate is interesting, no?) There is a copy of the service manual for 09+ carb'd KLX sticky'd at the top of this forum list-it will help you sort out most things(except ignition 'security resistors'...)

Thanks a lot, GB, for the valuable info. by the way, just to confirm, the part numbers you quoted above are for the carb version, correct? i will be ordering those 2 parts and try it out, if it works, i will update.