ohhh great now the bike will never be the same

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 02:55 AM
1st Gear Member
Default ohhh great now the bike will never be the same

so on the way to taking my son to a birthday party i detoured cause of traffic.
passed by a aprilia dealer and it looked like they were doing demo rides.
so at the party i put a bug in another dads ear and he perked up in a hurry he said they make a bike i was really thinking about getting. lol
plan worked. once they cut the cake and opened presents we threw the kids in the car and were gone.
i looked up their number online gave a call and yup demo rides!!!!!!!!!!
walked down the street to my buddies house flashed a smile to his wife asked if she wouldnt mind watching my son and we were gone. made it to the dealership just in time to sign up for the last ride. man did our faces light up when the guy told us the rides last about 1-1 1/2 hours.

well they wouldnt demo the bike i really wanted which was the SXV but the next best thing was the dosoduro 750. wow is all i can say the sound the feel the fact that i was on a free bike for an hour burning gas i didnt pay for.
got back i found out the demo rides were also going today starting at 1030 so i was out the door by 10 and missed the first ride but made the second. i wanted to ride the tuono 1000 but it was already taken so i went with another 750 machine this time the shiver. man also another great ride.
both bikes felt great so much so that getting back on the klx felt odd on the ride home. and i felt like an *** when i missed my shift into second leaving the parking lot.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the warning...I'm a firm believer that ignorance is bliss! As long as I stay off the bigger bikes I will remain in my blissfull state when I mount the KLX.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:12 AM
1st Gear Member

true but you cant pass up free rides. on the plus side after riding those 2 bikes i have forgot abut ever getting a harley. the ride and the sound they made were perfect balance and everything i could ever ask for. hmmmm now if only i could demo the competition

nahhhh i better not im at least 3-4 years out before i can think of buying another bike plus with my son out growing his 50 and getting ready to move up and race im gonna need to get me a motox bike (track only)
ha ha ha and the wife complained about my car addiction bikes are cheaper and i have room for more of them.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:38 AM
1st Gear Member

I've had a similar experience recently. I recently acquired a Buell 1203cc and when I felt my KLX was getting jealous, I took her out for a spin. I twisted the throttle and .... . Bad Idea. Comparing apples to oranges I know but I compare it to the roller coaster park. Here goes: You first get there and ride the biggest, fastest ride. Then everything else is disappointing. Now what? Go back to the biggest, fastest to get the thrill? Then thoughts of selling enter the mind.... (not to mention...why did I put $700+ of performance upgrades I don't appreciate into the bike? )

Lesson learned: Don't ride anything else! But I keep telling myself, "She'll be fun off road" That's why it will stay in the stable, cuz that much is true.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:44 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah i think im not gonna even drop any $$$ on mods instead start putting aside $150 or so a month in a couple of years ill have enough to put a decent chunk down and finance the rest on what ever it is i cant live with out by then.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tucaz#2
yeah i think im not gonna even drop any $$$ on mods instead start putting aside $150 or so a month in a couple of years ill have enough to put a decent chunk down and finance the rest on what ever it is i cant live with out by then.
Good day, Yep Blast it is ...... but after an endurance run (just 1500kms) of paved road my friends 1year old SVX supermoto got sick... computer box failed that caused the front cylinder not to burn.... ehem it cost him another $1000 dollars........

come to think of it what could go wrong with the KLX that would cost me a $1000 dollars ..... that's the best part, since after the trouble I sleep better at night that he'll ever be

Old 03-19-2009, 03:54 AM
1st Gear Member

IDK maybe I'm immune. I've ridden a Ninja 250 and a race-ready GSXR 750 since I got my bike and I still like mine just the same. I'd love a crotch bike or something with more power, but I love the KLX for what it is.

Maybe I'm just a simpleton.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, agree with cliffsta. There's something about the nimble/fun nature of the klx that leaves sports bikes feeling like you have to be sensible while around them otherwise you die. Not saying I wouldn't take one if offered, but as it stands, I'm happy on my chirpy klx.

Cruisers are boring as grandmas on morphine.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by customerservice
come to think of it what could go wrong with the KLX that would cost me a $1000 dollars
hahahahah, im just about to spent $1200aud of fixing my klx after the oil ran dry, another head ,2 cams and a timing chain.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by fgk228
hahahahah, im just about to spent $1200aud of fixing my klx after the oil ran dry, another head ,2 cams and a timing chain.
Ouch!

Quick Reply: ohhh great now the bike will never be the same