Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   New Photobucket is a Pain in the A$$ (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/new-photobucket-pain-%24%24-39876/)

dan888 03-11-2013 03:13 AM

New Photobucket is a Pain in the A$$

Has anybody else had their Photobucket account "upgraded" to the new "improved" version?
Wow what a train-wreck. I'm not sure what they are trying to do, but the upgrade has made it very time consuming to use. Scrolling through all of your pictures takes forever now that it only loads about 20 at a time. Tonight the site is locking up after scrolling through a few groups of pics. I have a pic of the XR650L shift lever compared to the stocker I want to post in another thread here, but I'm giving up since the site takes so long and now it's locking up. I'm looking for a different photo-hosting site, (suggestions welcome) and if PB doesn't fix their "upgrade" I'll switch.
Thanks,
Dan

cegusman 03-11-2013 03:26 AM

They did mine also. Used to take a few seconds to find a pic. Now it takes minutes. Fawking sucks.

ol'klx-er 03-11-2013 02:43 PM

An option:

Photo Sharing. Your Photos Look Better Here. | SmugMug

I think it's run by the host of the ADV Riders site.

deej 03-11-2013 02:46 PM

I HATE THE NEW PHOTOBUCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhh I've been waiting for 2 weeks to say that. What a pile of garbage. You an't get a whole album to just load up, now it takes me 10 minutes to find a picture I am looking for. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

TNC 03-11-2013 03:33 PM

Anybody use that SmugMug deal?

IDRIDR 03-11-2013 05:50 PM

I use both Photobucket and SmugMug.

I'm sick of photobucket, but still have the account because many of my pics are stored there.

New stuff is SmugMug. It costs a little bit of money, but I prefer it.

Dragone#19 03-12-2013 02:04 AM

wow, ok, I thought I was having a puter glitch or something these last few weeks with the new photobucket. Yeah, mine sucks badly in comparison to the older version.

dan888 03-12-2013 03:14 AM

I was going to add to my original post that I really shouldn't complain because I am getting what I'm paying for over there. There are people that pay to use a version of Photo Bucket with extra bells and whistles , but even they are being subjected to the new "better" site. Looked up smug mug and its $40 / year. Cant justify the cost for what i use it for, KF ADV.

MikeW 03-12-2013 04:17 AM

I did read if you want to right click and save your photobucket pic do it near the bottom third of the image

because some reason I do save my own pics alot from photobucket probably because I upload them there first

I hate you cant move a batch of pics like you could before with the little check box
this is very time consuming when you have 30 to move into the same folder, since I upload from my ipad or iphone doesnt give me the option to upload to a certian folder
just my main one

and the auto copy of a link does not work on the screen that shows all images
only when your zoomed into one image
then auto copy works, so that gets to be a pain sometimes

and yes I hate being forced to a new design especially when I pay for it
give me the old version
when I use it for free then I will take the new one

so far im trying to see whats better about it
I guess the photo editor is a little better but who cares about that
most times I use that to add a arrow or circle the image not to actually edit the picture

Lotrat 03-12-2013 04:52 PM

Funny, I was just asked to fill out a survey on the new look. I was not kind. They gotta know everyone hates it and will start to see mass deletions as people leave. I'll leave my forum pics there, but my personal stuff is coming down if they don't do something soon. Create a bookmark to your library and it's not so bad when you start there.